Why become a member? ×

Bass Strings

Guest gazzatriumph

Guest gazzatriumph

Hi, recently bought an Fender P Bass (mexican), and a Roland 30 cube amp, have not had a bass for 10 years played one for around 15 years prior to that, so everything seems new to me, was wondering what a good general string would be good for my bass, i play along to punk, reggae, rock. The stock strings seem a bit twangy will this lesson as they get older or can some one recommend a different set. Really pleased with the amp cost £129 new great little amp and the bass seems ok I had a jap version last time doesnt seem much if any difference between them if my memory serves me well. Thanks for any advise.

[quote name='gazzatriumph' post='1374421' date='Sep 15 2011, 01:36 PM']The stock strings seem a bit twangy will this lesson as they get older or can some one recommend a different set.[/quote]

The strings will get a bit less twangy as time goes on, so you may want to leave it for a few weeks or so and see if you're any happier then (bass strings are so expensive I don't recommend changing them unless you have to...).