Why become a member? ×

I'm MEETING Dream Theater

charic

[quote name='Machines' post='1370483' date='Sep 12 2011, 02:37 PM']Sounds good. New album is today isn't it ?[/quote]

Tomorrow I believe, will be picking it up at first opportunity.

Also in the first 5 rows, the first time so far that I have been glad Portnoy left as now I'm much less likely to get spat on :)

[quote name='geilerbass' post='1370482' date='Sep 12 2011, 02:37 PM']I got to do a meet and greet last tour in Manchester. Very friendly and down-to-earth guys, but you feel you're kind of getting herded through a bit. They did pose for photos with everyone, though, which was pretty cool.

Regardless, it will be a memorable experience if you're a big fan![/quote]

Yeah I kinda expect the herding but that's to be expected. I read something about a VIP party too, did you have that? What was the deal? Now taking bets on me blinking for the photo :)

[quote name='charic' post='1370526' date='Sep 12 2011, 03:06 PM']Yeah I kinda expect the herding but that's to be expected. I read something about a VIP party too, did you have that? What was the deal? Now taking bets on me blinking for the photo :)[/quote]

Didn't get the VIP party, but that might be a new thing. Not quite sure what that would entail...

I actually got the signing thing free, being a fan club member - it just so happened that uptake on the VIP thing was low in Manchester, so they made time for fan club members as well. So hopefully, you'll get a bit more time than I did, being a paying punter and all :)

Ask John Myung about his basses - despite his reputation for being incredibly quiet, he wouldn't stop talking when I asked him how the Ernie Ball was working out.

[quote name='geilerbass' post='1370625' date='Sep 12 2011, 04:02 PM']Ask John Myung about his basses - despite his reputation for being incredibly quiet, he wouldn't stop talking when I asked him how the Ernie Ball was working out.[/quote]

Noted!!!

Shame the RBX6JM is too heavy to cart about, would love to get his sig on it.

Will fire an email to VIP nation about the party

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1370517' date='Sep 12 2011, 03:00 PM']Cool - although I always go out of my way NOT to meet any band I like just in case they turn out to be idiots :)

Although I'm sure DT are to professional to come across that way[/quote]
Wished i'd thought about that before meeting Joe Satriani