Why become a member? ×

Ibanez RS-800 Roadster

Faithless

Hey peeps,

I need advice - I spotted this baby in local music forum up for sale:

[url="http://cache0.skelbiu.lt/pictures/muzikos-instrumentai/styginiai/ibanez-roadster-bass-1979m-pagamintas-japonijoje-82166811.jpg"]http://cache0.skelbiu.lt/pictures/muzikos-...je-82166811.jpg[/url]

Seller asks ~320 pounds for that.

Is it worth that? I'm total noob when it comes to gear like that...

easy
Laimis

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1369686' date='Sep 11 2011, 08:54 PM']I saw one on gumtree last year for £80,that may have been the bargain of the century for some,if it had been the model with the P pickup i would have had it.I would have thought £150 -250 was more like it.[/quote]

What's the pickup there then? I havent seen ones like that before..

Does sound more like a P bass or something?

I'm looking for something cheap and decent to use on pop gigs, because my ACG is a lil' bit too funky for that sort of thing :)

Edited by Faithless

I had one for a couple of years. great bass.

[url="http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.com/2011/06/ibanez-rs-800.html"]Details from Ibanez Catalogue[/url]

Sold mine for about the same price, earlier this year - mine was perhaps
not so "Roadworn" as the one in the picture.

Depends how rare they are round your way.

For what it's worth, all the Ibanez basses of any quality (not really including the starter/budget range)
from around 1976 to the early/mid 80's are truly great basses - not come across a bad one yet and
I have nine of them.

May be worth haggling with the price.

Cheers. :)

[quote name='Faithless' post='1373843' date='Sep 14 2011, 10:09 PM']I won't probably be going for this, because I'd like different pup combination (I know there are Roadsters with two pups - P + J), although thanks for your input, guys...

easy
Laimis[/quote]

Yep, I had a Roadster with P+J, fretless, bloody heavy. Sold it about a year ago for about £250.

[quote name='aldude' post='1374311' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:33 PM']Yep, I had a Roadster with P+J, fretless, bloody heavy. Sold it about a year ago for about £250.[/quote]

Oh crap, weight is another serious issue for me - are all those Roadster's heavy? How much approximately then? I'll compare that to my ACG's weight, as its not featherlight too (singlecut, though..)

easy
Laimis

[quote name='Faithless' post='1374537' date='Sep 15 2011, 03:29 PM']Oh crap, weight is another serious issue for me - are all those Roadster's heavy? How much approximately then? I'll compare that to my ACG's weight, as its not featherlight too (singlecut, though..)

easy
Laimis[/quote]

Mine was a bit of a heavy beast. Not sure of the actual weight, but my Jazz is 9 1/2 pounds and it was a lot heavier than that. At a guess I'd say 10-11 pounds.