Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Mk III combo

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='158609' date='Mar 16 2008, 09:31 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200208402179&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123"]Visit this eBay link[/url][/quote]
Sorry, you can't visit it now, due to HeaveeeBay cancelling it. Why? Because I mentioned that it was in good condition due to being kept in a flight case ...which I may be open to offers. ...which means not necessarily selling through eBay.

You'd think they could suspend it , ask you to revise it, then re-post. I've now got to reload the photos etc etc. :)

You got off lightly!

I had 10 items pulled a couple weeks ago because I'd mentioned in the listing that I was also selling... the other 9 items. Difference with my listing cancellations is I didn't get credited with the listing fees! I kicked up one awful stink and threatened legal action as it was tantamount to theft from me. I had an email directing me to the appropriate section of the T&C and politely told to 'get st*ffed'!

That isn't the worst! I relisted everything + another dozen items and the whole lot were cancelled without refund of fees because I was 'circumventing fees by offering cash on collection'... apparently this is not an accepted method of payment! Bet you didn't know that.

Oh and by now I'd figured out that a rival was grassing my listings up to try and close me down. I only sussed it when he (I've been aware of him for a few years as we sell identical items) bought an item from me which I knew full well he could get cheaper elsewhere and he then proceeded to leave me spurious negative feedback relating to the item!

I'm also convinced that eBay have fake buyers that contact you over an item to entrap you. I had this happen when I said the auction could be pulled if the item sells via being advertised elsewhere. I got a message asking me where exactly it was being advertised, gave a vague answer (actually it was my son's guitar and he'd put a notice up at school) and it promptly got pulled.

They deserve some big competition these guys. I mean, I'm a real eBayer user, but they are starting to abuse their market dominance IMO.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='159165' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:13 PM']I have to say that for every decent person on that site, I now firmly believe there is one tw4t.....

I feel for you.....

DO you have any more 'crunches' I think I'd like one for me.....! :)[/quote]

I'm well p*ssed at eBay and the guy who is intent on dobbing me in but as has been pointed out there is no real alternative at present. I tried Amazon but it was hard work and not exactly straight forward. I'm sitting here with 100's of multitools and there's no way I'm pooing in my own nest with eBay, so as it stands I may seethe and rant about them but I have to use eBay.

I 'think' I have one more Leatherman CRUNCH but I just need to check that someone that I promised one to, has decided between that and the new SOG Multitools that I'm getting (now they are a good tool and every bit as good as the CRUNCH). I'll get back to you asap but give me a prod by the weekend if I haven't PMd you.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='158609' date='Mar 16 2008, 09:31 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200208402179&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123"]Visit this eBay link[/url][/quote]
For those more interested a darn good amp than the paranoia of A Well Known Auction site, do [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200208645817&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010"]Visit my auction here[/url]