Why become a member? ×

Some chill/breakbeat stuff.

xgsjx

I've put a selection of songs that I've composed over the past 10 or so years onto Soundcloud & wondered if any of you would like to have a listen & give me some feedback?

None of the recordings feature any "real" bass on the tracks (though I've used a few of the basslines & other parts in band settings), but I thought I'd share & see if they're good or just ok.

[url="http://soundcloud.com/xgsjx/sets"]Here's the linky.[/url]

G

Edited by xgsjx

Cheers Shep. I had thought about sending some off somewhere, but no idea what my target would be. Had thought about the video game industry or adverts, but not too sure.

I'd enjoy doing some backing tracks, but not sure how much time I can get to sit & write stuff :)
PM me what your ideas are & I'll let you know what I can do. :)

Really like these tracks and they're very much up my proverbial street music-wise... the more eclectic electronic stuff in particular.

As Shep mentioned, some of them might have legs commercially, so could be worth a punt. I'd also try them out on other forums relevant to the genres in question, just to check whether they're "down with the kids" :)

Makes me realise that I really should get round to finishing off the numerous 'half-baked' projects I have at home and upload them somewhere... a job for a rainy weekend I reckon!

Anyway, keep us posted if you add any more.

I might just go & see what forums I can find, if I can get away from BC for 5 mins! :)

I've got a couple of harddrives from old PCs with sounds, loops & good ideas with great intentions sitting in a box along with some sample CDs that I've been threatening to stick on my mac for the past 3 1/2 years. The Mrs keeps saying "I'll get you a drive caddy from work", but never has (& probably a good thing!).