Why become a member? ×

Ibanez AGB-200?

Rammsteinbrit

I had an AGB-140 for a while with flat wounds on and sounded very 'woody'
classic tones. Found it hard to get a low action, but then I didnt try adjusting the truss rod
Not a bad bass for the money if thats the style you want. I would suggest getting the hard
case if possible as it is hollowbody and set neck.

AGB-200 has two pickups and gold hardware

AGB-140 has one pickup and silver hardware

Thomann were doing a Harley Benton semi that was almost identical to the AGB140, but a quick look on there website reveals that there only seems to be a more Gretsch like Harley Benton on there now.

There was a thread about this on BT, and one of the mods (I think) had bought the Harley benton model. They were so similar that it was likely they were the same model, just re-badged.

Worth bearing in mind before shelling out your hard earned.

[quote name='Rammsteinbrit' post='16005' date='Jun 12 2007, 12:39 AM']Howdy, ive been looking at ALOT of basses, and i REALLY cannot get the Ibanez AGB-200, outta my head.

Before i go to london (or wherever) Play it and buy it, has anyone had one? Played one?

Whats it like?

Cheers in advance.

Darby[/quote]

I have the 140 and its for sale...complete with hard case (Ibanez). Pic below along with my other stuff, although the amp and cab are now sold too!

£190 plus £15 pp.

PM me if interested. Im in Essex.

I had the AGB-140 very briefly a couple of years ago, briefly as in 3days or so, i took it back.

To me it seemed massive....i mean really really long, if i was to purchase either of these two again i'd go for the short scale one. I also got a weird kinda hum from the 140's pickup, and thats a problem when the electronics on these basses are really hard to get to....no control cavities, just the f-holes.

I'm all for hollow basses for sure, but i didn't like the 140

Good luck
Si

[quote name='Rammsteinbrit' post='16342' date='Jun 12 2007, 04:45 PM']Yeah thats awesome, how much were the Harley Bentons?

Because the AGB-200 is only £300 on GAK.

Darby[/quote]

The Harley Benton HBB 1970 was going for £135, but seems to have disappeared from the catalogue recently. The only Harley Benton semi Thomanns have got is now £165.