Why become a member? ×

DHA rackmount effect/preamp *** SOLD ***

stevebasshead

*** SOLD ***

This can be used either as an FX in your FX loop or as a preamp if you use the boost to increase the output level suitably :)

[b]DHA Dual RM Bass:[/b] Serial number 1! This is a rackmounted version of the the early OD pedals Dave was making back in 2004/5 and has two overdrive circuits using either none (it's True Bypassable), one or both (here the 2nd one is fed by the 1st) all switchable with the included footswitch. You can use this as a preamp or in the FX loop of an existing amp. Set the 1st OD circuit for clean w/valve warmth and kick in the 2nd for OD - lovely! Feature wise it's got Gain controls for each of the 2 OD circuits, passive 3 band EQ (can be switched in/out of circuit), master volume, master input gain to best match your bass signal (or amp FX loop), a boost (switchable and variable) Fat and Top Boost switches, Hi/Lo switch (Lo runs off the standard 12v input, Hi doubles this internally to 24v for more power to the valves) and finally a 3 way switch to flick silicon diodes, germanium diodes or neither into the OD circuit. The general condition is showing some wear to the paint finish but in all other respects it works fine. The two valves were originally ElectroHarmonix 12AX7s but it currently sports 2 wonderful original 1963 Radio Technique 12AU7's (I've now found my old invoice, see [url="http://www.watfordvalves.com/product_detail.asp?id=642"]<here>[/url] for more info, these are the exact ones I bought) [b]£150 incl. p+p.[/b]

'Scuse the velcro, I used it to attach my wireless receivers rather than bother with a rack shelf for them.

Any questions just ask :)

Steve.

[edited to change the valve link>

Edited by stevebasshead

Re your Stereolist Link

[i][b]Whoops! Page Not Found.

The page or ad listing you are trying to reach no longer exists or has expired.
[/b][/i]

But.. I do know that these Platinum Grade 12AU7 Radio Technique, ( French... Owned by the Dutch Philips Corp ) are $110 for a pair !!!

You may be better off by putting the EHX originals back in and selling off the 12AU7's to enthusiasts

Edited by fleabag

[quote name='fleabag' post='1366787' date='Sep 8 2011, 06:32 PM']Re your Stereolist Link

[i][b]Whoops! Page Not Found.

The page or ad listing you are trying to reach no longer exists or has expired.
[/b][/i]

But.. I do know that these Platinum Grade 12AU7 Radio Technique, ( French... Owned by the Dutch Philips Corp ) are $110 for a pair !!!

You may be better off by putting the EHX originals back in and selling off the 12AU7's to enthusiasts[/quote]
Whoops indeed and thanks for taking the time to let me know :) The link worked earlier today but no matter, it looks like I slipped up anyway as I doubt mine are the "platinum" grade as I don't remember paying that much for them a few short years back!! I should've checked the wording on that site better, I just searched for Radio Technique 12AU7 and picked a link just to add some more info to my ad. I've edited it now to point to a different link which is more representative. I think I'll leave them in the DHA anyway esp. as they aren't the mega expensive versions, but they do have a lovely sound so someone will end up with a rather nice preamp/OD FX :)

Regards,
Steve.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1366883' date='Sep 8 2011, 07:54 PM']Don't suppose you're up to trade for a 'blackface' US made SVP PRO?[/quote]
Hi mate, 'fraid not, sorry. As coincidence would have it I'm selling a later hammerite one over in the amps & cabs thread. But thanks for the offer anyway, they are fantastic preamps but I'm head over heels with my Marshall Superbass hence the sell off of my other bits'n'bobs :)

Regards,
Steve.