Why become a member? ×

Epiphone non-reverse Thunderbird 5 string FS/FT

Delberthot

I really, really don't want to have to sell this but I'm skint at the moment.

Going by the serial number this is a March 1995 made in Korea non-reverse Thunderbird 5 string. It is in amazing condition for a 16 year old bass and has obviously been well looked after.

These basses were only made for a few years between 1995 and 1998 from what I've read making this one of the earlier ones. The 'C' at the start of the serial number would indicate that this was made in the Cort factory before production moved to Samick later the same year.

Epiphone did the same with these as Yamaha did with the BB3000 and BB5000 series as it looks like this is a 4 string neck making it a really comfortable transition from 4 to 5 strings. String spacing at the bridge is 16mm so although it's narrower than usual its still wide enough to be very playable.

There are some surface indentations on the body both front and back from use but there doesn't appear to be anything that's through to the wood. You have to look closely to see these marks and hold it up to the light. There's the tiniest of chips on the body nearest the bottom of the heel of the neck but it looks more like the laquer has chipped rather than going right through to the wood.

It doesn't actually say Epiphone or Thunderbird anywhere on the bass other than on the neck plate. Only the Truss Rod cover has the big Epiphone 'E' to indicate what it is.

For some reason my camera makes this look like a normal 3 tone sunburst but in reality its more of a tobacco burst.

I'm looking for cash for this and don't plan to have this up for sale for long as I am very likely to change my mind.

ON HOLD

Edited by Delberthot

Mate this is a shame, such a pretty bass. Very much a tobacco sunburst, a real deep red quality to the outer colour.

I have one of these (I think it's a 97 from the Samick factory) and boy are they lovely to play! Paid more than this too (considerably) so grab yourself a bargain!