Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* '75 Precision maple/3t sunburst

Beedster

Been going round in circles on keeping/selling this for a while. A stunning playing and looking bass, orig excpet for pots. Jazz profile neck just not working for me (you can see the noticably narrower neck profile than that of the '73 in the photo). Orig (black) pickguard available. Will trade for 70's Precision with fatter maple neck or £900 cash
Chris
PS it's the one on the right :)

[attachment=6506:Precisions.JPG]

Collection from Milton Keynes or meet on M1 somewhere. I will not post, sorry.
Chris

Edited by Beedster

And hes been back five minutes! :)

Good luck with your search, Ive only played one 70's P and i was left somewhat uninspired, Got a feeling it was a bit of a lemon though. I really need to get my hands on some nice ones to see what all this fuss is about!

Trade wasn't really what I was looking for I'm afraid. I think I've found a good fat-necked Precision for sale, so I'm going to go for a straight sale for this. The bass is currently fitted with an SD SPB-3 quarterpounder and a BADASS II - it having a maple board I've been using it more for slap/funk. The PUP is currently wired straight to the output jack (can't see the point in rolling off the tone on an SPB-3, defeats the whole point in having it, and I never use the volume anyway :huh: ). Bridge, PUP and roundwounds provide a pretty contemporary Precision rock/funk/slap tone, albeit from a vintage instrument. However, I will sell the bass as is but WITH the original '75 Fender PUP AND original '75 Fender bridge for £950 (that's both bridges and both PUPs). That way you have the option of vintage tones with the original Fender parts (and I'll even bung in some flats), or more modern tones with the current setup. Can't say fairer than that :)

I'm happy to meet buyer on the M1 somewhere. I also have to travel up North quite soon to deliver the Shergold I sold to Darren many moons back, so might be able to travel further if needs be.

Chris

Edited by Beedster