Why become a member? ×

Bass neck £80 (rest of bass included too...!) SOLD Pending payment and me finding a box

LukeFRC

What is it?
It's a Precision type PJ bass, its black.
actually it's very black.

The neck is actually really nice, a thicker P type shape (think current P bass, my '57ri neck is flatter. with rolled finger board, frets in good condition, truss rod working etc. Closed back unbranded mini tuner type. Work fine (i.e. if i kept it i wouldn't need to upgrade at all)
The body is I think basswood from the softness and seems to be solid (i.e. made up of a number of parts same as a fender body, but not ply) again black with a few knocks and dinks around the edge as you would expect. Nothing major.
There is a reverse P pickup, and a jazz pup too, one of the jap ones with the curved corners. It sounds pretty good.
Controls are volume, pickup selector, bass +/- and treble +/- , (personally I would stick it a active on/off and a blend knob.)
the preamp was emitting a high hum when I got it but I took it out and cleaned it up this morning and it works fine now.
Sound wise it's actually pretty good, the preamp defiantly gives it a nice active sound, the P pups sound like an active P bass, the jazz one like a modern jazz bridge and so on.
You may notice that i need to find two wee screws from my parts box for the battery cover.
Why do I think it's japanese? well vintaxe has a catalogue from 1985 of vision japan which I can't see but seems to be the same brand. Vision also seems to be a Matsumoku trade mark according to unsubstantiated lists on the net, and the Chip in the preamp is a JRC which according to the net is a japanese make. Could it be something else? does anyone have a scription to vintage? does it play and feel nice? I think it does!

so up for trade, would make a good lightweight backup bass, starter bass for someone, or (personally speaking) with a blend pot it would be good enough for those gigs where the 6 string 3k Sei bass is a bit overkill...

anyway up for trades with J or MM type basses, or really anything interesting. (i like frets)

£80 plus postage

EDIT: I have a bit of money I could add to a trade if needed....

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1364187' date='Sep 6 2011, 03:43 PM']I like this :)[/quote]
it is nice isnt it? (and could be yours ooooo)
I have a list in my head of daft mods I want to do to it, thing is it's possibly better to see if anyone is interested and swap to something that would take less destructiveness to mod. :)

I like this. The headstock shape is exactly like the Yamaha fretless I bought off Setekh a couple of months back. And it's the same colour. And stuff. Sorry, got a bit distracted there :)

So, yeah, someone needs to buy this quick before I do... I haven't got space or need for any more basses.

Unless you fancy a trade + cash for an aluminium cricket bat? Kramer The Duke, available here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=153692"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=153692[/url] Not very jazzy at all, I know.

Bump anyhow :)

[quote name='alyctes' post='1365502' date='Sep 7 2011, 05:33 PM']I like this. The headstock shape is exactly like the Yamaha fretless I bought off Setekh a couple of months back. And it's the same colour. And stuff. Sorry, got a bit distracted there :)

So, yeah, someone needs to buy this quick before I do... I haven't got space or need for any more basses.

Unless you fancy a trade + cash for an aluminium cricket bat? Kramer The Duke, available here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=153692"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=153692[/url] Not very jazzy at all, I know.

Bump anyhow :)[/quote]

interesting looking thing, I wouldn't want it and wouldn't really want to add any money at mo. cheers though!

• 2 weeks later...