Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Skezza

Its all there in the header.

I need to preamp into a power amp and the PA never done it before would like to try out.

the SHOP recommends the Tech 21 sans amp
what are your views

skez

Edited by Skezza

I used a Tech 21 VT Bass for a long time in front of a QSC PLX1602 and I think it's the closest you can ever sound compared to a big, fat Ampeg valve rig. I found it really versatile as well. Fat reggae tones, slap, mild or heavy distortion (one the best of out there), it's all in the box. I still use the VT Bass in recording sessions and everybody loves it. Great piece of gear. I used the Sansamp Bass Driver in the studio in the past and though it sounds great, it's not as versatile as the VT Bass.
The only disadvantage of the VT is that it doesn't have a DI out. But you can easily solve that with a DI box (which 10 out 10 soundmen will provide anyway), or, if you use a rack compressor like I used to, just the use the comp's DI.
I highly recommend the VT Bass. And if you can spare maybe £90 more, get the programable version. Comes with DI and much more.

Cheers