Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Musicman 25TH HSS bass quilt top

swanbrook

I was a very happy man with this bass untill I played a dingwall owned by grandwazoo and now I just have to get one. I will post pictures when I get home. It's is in 9/10 condition I keep my basses well but I also believe in gigging them however there is no marks or chips on it anywhere. It comes with the original hard shell case which does have a few scrapes on it but I will take pic's of it too.
I am looking for £2000 for this or a trade with a dingwall bass

Grandwazoo (Fran) can vouch for the condition of this bass as he was playing it at the weekend

And if it was not for him and his fine collection of dingwalls I would not be selling my 25th.

[attachment=88235:securedownload1.jpg]

[attachment=88236:securedownload2.jpg]

[attachment=88234:securedownload.jpg]

Edited by swanbrook

I agree, it's a very nice bass and kept in superb conditions, the bass has an 18 Volts preamp with a 4 bands eq: Bass / Low Mids / High Mids / Treble and Passive tone control for when the active switch is off.

It has 3 Pickups: 1 x Humbucker Ceramic at the bridge and two Neodymium Single coils each fitted with a seconday dummy or phantom coil fitted under the pickup acting as hum cancelling.

You can get up to 16 souds on this bass from Active to Passive / Series to Parallel thanks to the 3 pickups on / off switches you can get a wide variety of sounds from standard Stingray humbucker to Jazz Bass, P Bass and more. The 4 bands preamp is powerful yet subtle, and works very well with this bass.

It is a rare 2009 25th Anniversary model wich has since been discontinued. It's got a lovely Venetian Red highly figured quilted maple top over an Ash body with a mahogany tone block fitted in the middle of the body running from the bridge to the neck pocket. Nowadays this bass was reincarnated into the Reflex, (silly f***ing name for a bass, I know) but the Reflex doesn't come with a figured top, and is available in a very limited choice of 4 colours, sunburst, black, white and gold top. But the Duran Duran really kills it for me, I would never own a bass called The Reflex just for that reason.

Anyway enough of my yakking, this is a top bass, rare and sought after, get yourself a bargain this bass retailed at £2750 when it first came out, and at this price, you'd have to be mad, go on make Dave a sensible offer!

Edited by Grand Wazoo

• 1 month later...

cheers dude,i really dont know if i should sell it or not.It also has a bit of history with BP.I got messed around by a local store and missed the window for ordering so after hearing about it he said he would go ahead and put it back in production for me so its the last one that was made.The top is stunning and the tones are great,i play in a corp/wedding band and love it because i can get every sound i need from the one bass.it goes from sweet Jamerson to full on killer slap in the push of a few buttons.

As i type this i am wondering about selling it at all, but i got to get me a dingwall after playing Fran's one

Bass sold to a buddy of mine, just incase I change my mind it's still in arms length away. Dingwall in transit as we speak. I still have my stingray 5 and a 93 fretless ray to keep my musicman love going and I think my next bass will be a big al single H. But for now I have to wait a few days to get my hands on the new one