Why become a member? ×

SOLD G&L JB2

Clint

I have for sale my beautiful American G&L JB2 Bass guitar. This bass is one of a kind and I’m sure you’ll agree looks amazing… a real head turner!

It’s the American made model (not the Tribute) and the shop I imported it from in America said they had it Specially ordered in. I have never seen another G&L like this one and certainly not in this finish so it stands out as being cool looking.

This is my main bass at the moment and it breaks my heart to sell it but it has got to be sold! Cost me a fortune to import with all these taxes but it was well worth it in the end.

I have always been a big Fender Jazz Bass fan and after hearing good things about G&L I decided to import this beauty from the U.S. about 2 & half years ago. I was right to do so as it more than competed with the fender I played at the time in both looks, playability and tone.

This bass is extremely reliable & well built (6 bolts for the bolt on neck), a real work horse if needed and as with most jazz basses it’s very versatile.

A major plus with this instrument is that it is lightweight so no suffering from backaches when you play those long 3 hour sets ;-)

[b]General Bass details:[/b]

[b] PICKUPS [/b] 2 G&L vintage Alnico jazz type pickups (Passive)

[b]BODY WOOD[/b] Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes

[b]NECK WOOD[/b] Hard Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard with no inlay dots or blocks.

[b]NECK RADIUS [/b] 12" (304.8mm)

[b]NECK WIDTH AT NUT[/b] 1 1/2" (38.1mm)
[b]
TUNING KEYS [/b] Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts

[b]BRIDGE[/b] G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles

[b] CONTROLS[/b] Two volume controls, one tone control
[b]
FINISH [/b] Natural Quilted maple top

[b] OTHER [/b] Chrome hardware, no pickguard,

Official certificate of ownership of American G&L Bass

JB2 also comes with a Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case w/Fitted Interior (Case has slight crack in it but this does not affect its use in any way).

Apart from a few minor scuffs on the back off the body from belt buckles this bass is in top condition with no chips.

It has great action, is currently strung with rotosound piano wound strings (also known as superwound) & has been extremely well looked after with set ups every 6-8 months since I bought it.

(More photos below!) Edited by Clint

[quote name='Clint' post='1357729' date='Aug 31 2011, 04:57 PM']BUMP, £950 or ebay here i come I guess![/quote]
This is a gorgeous bass although perhaps not as entirely unique as you might think. Granted there may not be too many identical to yours in this country.
All I'm permitted to say is, perhaps you should adopt a different strategy to achieve happiness :) .... besides ebay will kindly relieve you of 10% in fees.