Why become a member? ×

Sold

BigJim

[quote name='BigJim' post='1355130' date='Aug 29 2011, 12:03 PM']Hows it going?[/quote]

Neither shifted yet unfortunately. Also don't hold out for me actually, as I've only just realised this is a bit too short a scale for me! Sorry and good luck with the sale,
Dan

[quote name='BigJim' post='1347127' date='Aug 21 2011, 01:41 PM']24 fret 28" / 26" scale fan fret 5 string.
Narrow spacing of 8mm - 9mm nut and 15.5mm bridge.
Just over 36" in length , very light
Neck is a 3 piece rock maple laminate , body is 2 piece mahogany.

This bass is so comfy to play and is very small and lightweight. Don't let the string spacing put you off, even with my club hands it's a joy to play. I had my tech completely shield and earth the bass. Oh yeah, and it has through body stringing for extra tension.

It's great with 1 humbucker, volume and coil tap and that's it! The Flame maple board is stunning with a thick Ebony nut!!!

£300 is what I paid for it.

[url="http://www.photobucket.com/Prosebass"]Pictures here[/url]

Jim
07739969811[/quote]

Wow that is pretty - whats the string spacing like ? Been pestered for Xmas so may be tempted.

[quote name='Geek99' post='1370240' date='Sep 12 2011, 11:23 AM']Wow that is pretty - whats the string spacing like ? Been pestered for Xmas so may be tempted.[/quote]

I've got quite clubbish hands and very much sausage fingers and I have no trouble with this bass whatsoever!

[quote name='BigJim' post='1370262' date='Sep 12 2011, 11:49 AM']I've got quite clubbish hands and very much sausage fingers and I have no trouble with this bass whatsoever![/quote]
Yes sorry - I reread it and realised it was a dumb question. Any damage ?

[quote name='Geek99' post='1370413' date='Sep 12 2011, 01:33 PM']It's short scale I think ? What gauge strings does it take ? Do you need short scale strings ?[/quote]

It's the same as a Les Paul mate. Perfect for compact stages and massive ones alike. You do need short scale strings. Your local guitar shop can have them made to your spec by Picato who are distributed by Strings & Things for around £20.

[quote name='Geek99' post='1370461' date='Sep 12 2011, 02:13 PM']Thanks - have sought a price for some - waiting on an answer
It's mahogany with a flame top - how highly figured is the flame ? Is it clear lacquered ?
Not very clear in photos[/quote]

The ffretboard is flame maple. The boy is 2 piece Mahogany.

The flame is about a 3 - 4a flame grade and the whole bass is clear waxed.

Jim