• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1983 Fullerton Precision Reissue

BB2000

Bump for price reduction.

[quote name='gareth' post='1346896' date='Aug 21 2011, 07:57 AM']hi

can you tell us what the serial number is please

also have you got any photos of the bass with the neck and guard off showing the markings in the neck and control and pup cavities, also photos of the neck butt, pots, pups?[/quote]

Hello Gareth - I'm pressed for time to do a strip down atm, give me a week or two. I can guarantee that it is completely legit though, as I disassembled it and did a thorough check when I bought it. I'm pretty sure neck date is 6/83 but will confirm later. Do you think you've spotted something amiss?

[quote name='BB2000' post='1350366' date='Aug 24 2011, 03:41 PM']Bump for price reduction.

Hello Gareth - I'm pressed for time to do a strip down atm, give me a week or two. I can guarantee that it is completely legit though, as I disassembled it and did a thorough check when I bought it. I'm pretty sure neck date is 6/83 but will confirm later. Do you think you've spotted something amiss?[/quote]

No I do not think anything is amiss, just handy to have these details if they are available

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BB2000' post='1366821' date='Sep 8 2011, 07:08 PM']Withdrawn, no serious interest.[/quote]

They are rare things and not properly understood but having had both fullerton and the later non-fullerton reissues i can vouch for the facts that the fullerton reissues tend to be lighter, more resonant and more carefully contoured.

They deserve their reputation but are notoriosuly difficult to identfy/verify - the serial number is an indication but cannot be fully relied on and neither can the pot dates as later non-fullerton reissues will often have fullerton period pots, and you really need to see neck and body dates and markings, ascertain whether there is a router hump, etc

Thats not to say that there are not good examples of non-fullerton reissues - i have a 62 reissue which is light and resonant.

Confusing eh?

[quote name='gareth' post='1366834' date='Sep 8 2011, 07:16 PM']They are rare things and not properly understood but having had both fullerton and the later non-fullerton reissues i can vouch for the facts that the fullerton reissues tend to be lighter, more resonant and more carefully contoured.

They deserve their reputation but are notoriosuly difficult to identfy/verify - the serial number is an indication but cannot be fully relied on and neither can the pot dates as later non-fullerton reissues will often have fullerton period pots, and you really need to see neck and body dates and markings, ascertain whether there is a router hump, etc

Thats not to say that there are not good examples of non-fullerton reissues - i have a 62 reissue which is light and resonant.

Confusing eh?[/quote]

Once you've handled one you can spot an early 80's '57 fullerton reissue a mile off. It's body countouring is unlike any other fender (including the original '57).

Edited by BB2000