Why become a member? ×

Mayones Jabba Classic and similar Jazz basses

Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1342730259' post='1740239']
Yeah the style and scale suits me, but im now used to 17.5mm spacing...ill have to give it some thought.
[/quote]

I think the ACG J-Types are 18mm, but the Hipshot bridges do have a degree of adjustability, you could probably get close.

[quote name='sime17' timestamp='1342727788' post='1740186']
Quite like those ACG Jazzes Eude- quite a cool angular take on the classic, if a bit skjoldesque. Some nice J5s on the website. Anyone know the scale? Or the price? Would he whip the skinny tuners off and bung some more trad looking cloverleaf ultralights on it I wonder? I can feel GAS coming on.
[/quote]

They're 34" scale.
I love the take on the Jazz shape too, just seems right.
As far as price and alternative tuners, give Alan a shout, he couldn't be more approachable. I can answer a fair load of ACG questions too if you just want more info, just shoot me a PM, but I couldn't answer those two questions I'm afraid... ;-)

Eude

Well I had a good shot of an ACG J Type 5 string at the weekend and I'm very VERY impressed!
The bass was quite light, well lighter than I thought it would be and the body was cleverly downsized from a regular jazz.
Build quality is exactly what I've come to expect from ACG, simply flawless, every little detail well thought out and executed.
The 5 bolt neck joint in particular was very nice, almost complete unobtrusive too, not something you usually expect from a Jazz Bass.
Balance on a strap was pretty much perfect, the neck was nice and fast and the spacing was nice and comfortable, the whole thing just felt instantly familiar.
Sound wise it's pretty much perfect modern Jazz Bass, nice and punchy with lots of sizzle and woof when you need it.
The John East preamp gives you everything you would expect or want from an active Jazz Bass.

All in, a very successful revision of the classic Jazz Bass, very much brought into the 21st century.
A hell of a lot of bass for the money too :)

Eude