Why become a member? ×

P-bass scratch plates

KiOgon

There's a lot of plates on ebay, some look as if they will & some look like they won't fit a 13 hole MiM P-bass, (2007/8 standard).

There must be loads of P-bass owners here who've been down this road - so any ideas what fits & what don't? - please!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200641236321&var=500025735434&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]These [/url]look promising :)

I know I can pay a lot & get a 'quality' one but don't want to spend a lot :)
Cheerz, John

I purchased one off of them for my recent p bass bitsa.
The quality is good enough for the price and delivery was prompt.

Mine was not going on a mex though so can't help you with that aspect. I had to drill a couple of fresh holes.

The fit was all good around the pups, controls and neck plate.

All in all I was happy with the purchase.

[quote name='gary mac' post='1340282' date='Aug 15 2011, 07:35 AM']Sorry John, can't remember and I haven't got the bass to hand at the moment.

I can borrow it from my daughter at some point to check but not for a day or so.[/quote]
No worries mate, I've clicked on one from above 'guitars_electric' so I'll find out soon enough :)

Cheerz, John

Well for future information I can say that the plate I ordered from link above - Guitars Electric Ltd - fits my MiM P-bass perfectly :) Every screw hole lines up & it's a lovely fit around the neck + the pick up. I couldn't be happier with it :) Nice finish, it even had 2 layers of protective film on & a bit of Aluminium foil stuck on in the controls area.

Result :lol:

[quote name='gary mac' post='1343574' date='Aug 17 2011, 07:31 PM']That looks mighty fine John. Glad it was a happy ending.[/quote]
Cheerz Gary, I'm well pleased with the whole thing, looks good & plays sweet - couldn't hope for any more :)