Why become a member? ×

Status series 3000

Eth

Hi,I'm also selling this lovely playing bass with hard flightcase and strap.Its a series 3000,3 piece mahogany and graphite neck,not sure whichyear .maybe someone can enlighten me.

in the photos you'll notice the small cracks where the neck screws to the body,I don't fix guitars but this doesn't compromise the bass though would probably

best get someone to have a look at unless you are handy with repairs.there is also a wee chip at the top near the nut and another on the horn.see attached pics.

other than these[attachment=86873:IMG_1421_wee2.jpg] points all is good with the bass.in view of the faults am looking for £420 plus postage.(or can be collected if you live near Fife)

let me know if you'd like any more pics/info

cheers for looking.Eth.

sorry if pics are wee,can't quite get the hang o'this.
now £400 plus postage

Edited by Eth

They made these basses from approx 88-89 to 90-91. It was succeeded by the 4000 which was the same but had a composite body instead of cherry, walnut or mahogany.
I bought one new in April 1989 and it was serial number 053 (it was walnut). Great basses.

Useless information-the active circuit has a preset eq like a gull wing graphic curve and the tone control actually cuts treble. The tone control is passive and gives the best of both worlds from a Jaco type muted sound to a bright slap sound from one control.

I'm missing mine now so bye.

[quote name='CS2' post='1338452' date='Aug 13 2011, 09:20 AM']They made these basses from approx 88-89 to 90-91. It was succeeded by the 4000 which was the same but had a composite body instead of cherry, walnut or mahogany.
I bought one new in April 1989 and it was serial number 053 (it was walnut). Great basses.

Useless information-the active circuit has a preset eq like a gull wing graphic curve and the tone control actually cuts treble. The tone control is passive and gives the best of both worlds from a Jaco type muted sound to a bright slap sound from one control.

I'm missing mine now so bye.[/quote]

thanks for the information,I always liked the sound of status basses,just can't get into the feel of them.I don't have any guide as to price to ask,I know its not really relevant but can you remember what you paid in 89?
cheers.

[quote name='Eth' post='1338325' date='Aug 13 2011, 12:23 AM']Hi,I'm also selling this lovely playing bass with hard flightcase and strap.Its a series 3000,3 piece mahogany and graphite neck,not sure whichyear .maybe someone can enlighten me.

in the photos you'll notice the small cracks where the neck screws to the body,I don't fix guitars but this doesn't compromise the bass though would probably

best get someone to have a look at unless you are handy with repairs.there is also a wee chip at the top near the nut and another on the horn.see attached pics.

other than these[attachment=86873:IMG_1421_wee2.jpg] points all is good with the bass.in view of the faults am looking for £420 plus postage.(or can be collected if you live near Fife)

cheers for looking.Eth.

sorry if pics are wee,can't quite get the hang o'this.[/quote]

will swap for decent 6string black telecaster..cheers

[quote name='Eth' post='1339379' date='Aug 14 2011, 10:13 AM']thanks for the information,I always liked the sound of status basses,just can't get into the feel of them.I don't have any guide as to price to ask,I know its not really relevant but can you remember what you paid in 89?
cheers.[/quote]

If you're after the value of these basses search back on the forum...a few have been sold here recently.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1343964' date='Aug 18 2011, 08:00 AM']If you're after the value of these basses search back on the forum...a few have been sold here recently.[/quote]

cheers..now £400 plus postage

[quote name='Eth' post='1339379' date='Aug 14 2011, 10:13 AM']thanks for the information,I always liked the sound of status basses,just can't get into the feel of them.I don't have any guide as to price to ask,I know its not really relevant but can you remember what you paid in 89?
cheers.[/quote]

They were £800 new and used prices have varied as the market varies. They are a lot of bass if you like the feel. The neck is slimmer than the Series 2/Series2000 models.

[quote name='Eth' post='1338325' date='Aug 13 2011, 12:23 AM']Hi,I'm also selling this lovely playing bass with hard flightcase and strap.Its a series 3000,3 piece mahogany and graphite neck,not sure whichyear .maybe someone can enlighten me.

cheers for looking.Eth.

sorry if pics are wee,can't quite get the hang o'this.
now £400 plus postage[/quote]

swap for white precision with black scratchplate.cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Eth' post='1354835' date='Aug 28 2011, 11:38 PM']swap for white precision with black scratchplate.cheers.[/quote]

will take a white precision/black scratchplate or black jap tele 6 string..anyone ?