Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A

dangerboy

Up for sale my favourite bargain do-anything bass. Japanese made. Serial number makes it a 1985 model. Has a powerful active EQ that can turn it into a real thunderer down low!

All working, in nice condition with the odd nick and scratch. Nothing major for a bass of this age. All original as far as I can tell.

Fitted with brand new batteries!

SOLD

Sorry abut the pictures (especially the reflections) - hard to get a decent photo of something so black!

Edited by dangerboy

[quote name='dangerboy' post='1334994' date='Aug 10 2011, 01:40 PM']Up for sale my favourite bargain do-anything bass. Japanese made. Serial number makes it a 1985 model. Has a powerful active EQ that can turn it into a real thunderer down low!

All working, in nice condition with the odd nick and scratch. Nothing major for a bass of this age. All original as far as I can tell.

Fitted with brand new batteries!

Can be picked up in London for £120 or will ship at cost. Got a bass-shaped box here waiting for it.

Sorry abut the pictures (especially the reflections) - hard to get a decent photo of something so black![/quote]
Blimey!

I had one of these when they first came out in 80's around about the time I was wearing make-up and playing in a "New Romantic" band and was the same age as my daughter is now!

Enough sickly nostalgia!

They are great basses, with a good range of tones from the active EQ. I loved it at the time, as I never had to go back to my amp to get a different sound.

Great for slapping too!

I have way too many guitars at the moment, or I would buy it.

A brilliant retro 80's instrument at a brilliant price!

Good luck with the sale!

Gavin

Edited by TobyMunkling

[quote name='tommorichards' post='1340589' date='Aug 15 2011, 12:49 PM']Dang it. Its awesome, but i wont have any money for a few weeks.

What do the controls do?[/quote]

Volume, Tone and Bass boost / treble boost. Switches are coil tap and active on/off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...