Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz

snazz

Can anyone tell me definitively the price of a new USA Fender Jazz Bass Standard edition? The reason I ask, is that I have been trying to swap my two USA fender Strats for one with no luck. I have looked around at the second hand Basses and they seem to be more expensive than the new ones.

The prices I'm seeing are all over the place. I'm seeing £300 difference from one shop to another and I don't think that can be right. I'd have much rather had a well looked after used bass that's been set up and nicely worn in, but they mostly seem to be Special editions and re issues for almost same price as they can be bought for in shops.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='snazz' post='1332255' date='Aug 8 2011, 03:40 PM']Can anyone tell me definitively the price of a new USA Fender Jazz Bass Standard edition? The reason I ask, is that I have been trying to swap my two USA fender Strats for one with no luck. I have looked around at the second hand Basses and they seem to be more expensive than the new ones.

The prices I'm seeing are all over the place. I'm seeing £300 difference from one shop to another and I don't think that can be right. I'd have much rather had a well looked after used bass that's been set up and nicely worn in, but they mostly seem to be Special editions and re issues for almost same price as they can be bought for in shops.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

They seem to be around the £1100 mark across the board? The £300 difference or so you might be seeing in some shops may be the American Deluxe??

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1332316' date='Aug 8 2011, 04:18 PM']Probably better off in another section of the forum! :)[/quote]

Yeah, I double posted, but I don't know where the other post went. /sigh.