Why become a member? ×

Standing in the Shadows of Motown..

Danny

The DVD is definately worth the £5. I've got a double disc version, just great stuff.

Also worth the money is the Dr.Licks book "Standing in the shadows of Motown". Alan Slutsky (Dr. Licks) was involved in the film as well. It originally came out with 2 cassettes, but now there's a version with 2CD's.

It features the lines of classic Motown songs played by a variety of great players and has full transcriptions as well.

[quote name='7string' post='154287' date='Mar 9 2008, 11:42 PM']The DVD is definately worth the £5. I've got a double disc version, just great stuff.

Also worth the money is the Dr.Licks book "Standing in the shadows of Motown". Alan Slutsky (Dr. Licks) was involved in the film as well. It originally came out with 2 cassettes, but now there's a version with 2CD's.

It features the lines of classic Motown songs played by a variety of great players and has full transcriptions as well.[/quote]

+1 on the Dr Licks book - it's great.

[quote name='99ster' post='153968' date='Mar 9 2008, 04:05 PM']And you can buy the DVD brand new for a quite ridiculous [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Standing-Shadows-Motown-Richard-Pistol/dp/B0000V6S6E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1205078605&sr=8-2"]£4.98 from Amazon[/url].
The best £4.98 you could ever spend![/quote]

You stingy basstard (or is that me?). I was hoping someone would put it on so I could compare it with my own tone. I'm too impatient for postage; the film has impassioned me :)

---

I was playing with only my index finger earlier today. I found it really helped with rhythm and consistency.

[quote name='paul, the' post='154319' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:30 AM']You stingy basstard (or is that me?). I was hoping someone would put it on so I could compare it with my own tone. I'm too impatient for postage; the film has impassioned me :)

---

I was playing with only my index finger earlier today. I found it really helped with rhythm and consistency.[/quote]

I've already got the DVD thanks mate (watched it many, many times)!
;)
But extracting the audio from a demuxed DVD, finding & editing out that sequence, converting to MP3 & uploading it is a bit more than a 5 minute job! So that was my subtle way of suggesting how cheap it would be for you to get the DVD for yourself...!

And it's a double disc with loads of extras - so you'd be mad not to. Get your order in now & you may even get it in the post for Tuesday.
Have fun!
:huh:

Edited by 99ster

Re Carole Kaye I suspect there's not much love lost between some of the people who took part in the documentary and KC so it might have been diplomacy on the part of the producers not to open that can of worms again. It would have added nothing to the story they were telling anyway.

• 2 weeks later...