Why become a member? ×

G & L L2500

Carld

Just got a G & L L2500 Tribut bass off one of the guys on Basschat at a bargain price. Its Maple neck and Bluebirst. Probably one of the best basses I've had over the past 30 years for sure. Also Loaded my Ashdown Electric Blue 180 with an Emenence Kappalite LF which has made a difference to the sound of the cab. About to load one into a Warick cab my brother's given me and there's enough space for a little horn too. I'll get the full 300w out of the little bugger then. Happy days.

Edited by Carld

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1326154' date='Aug 3 2011, 09:24 PM']Short review :)

How does it sound 'across the strings'?

What pickups are fitted?

Is that the 5 string version, if it is, how does the low B sound?

Cheers

Blademan[/quote]

Here is a link to G&L's site.

[url="http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/TributeSeries/basses/L-2500/index.asp"]http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/Tribu...-2500/index.asp[/url]

Yes the L2500 is the five string version. I have the Trib. L2000 ( 4 strings). Along with it's 2500 cousin, they are regarded as very versatile sounding basses. Some people dont like all the bells and whistles, but if you want a varied tone ( and beleive me, these basses deliver in this department) they are necessary. In their price range these are one of the best bargains around, IMO. Hope this provides a little more information.