Why become a member? ×

Now traded - Fender Mike Dirnt Precision & Jack Casady

tredders

[b]These have now been traded. Thanks for all the interest[/b]

Well, looks like the buy / sell marketplace is deader than a dead thing, so let's try again with trades this time. I am willing to trade both basses (plus some cash from me, if necessary) for a single "nice" bass (or a combination). Examples of what I think a nice bass is, are as follows: -

1. Vintage (or Custom Shop) Fender (like the lovely Telebass that 0353203 has for sale on here (hint, hint :) ), or Precision. I'm not particularly a Jazz person, so it would have to be something pretty special to tempt me.
2. Nash bass (again, Tele or Precision) or Bravewood etc.
3. Lakland (US or Skyline) Bob Glaub with maple board, or Decade or similar.
4. Ric 4003 (or 4001), preferably in Jetglo
5. Gibson Thunderbird

I'd also consider a lightweight mini-rig (Genz Benz etc), or a mahoosive old valve thing (Fender bassman, Ampeg, that sort of thing).

Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know. I would, of course, be happy to sell the basses at the prices shown below.

Cheers!

Mark.

First up is my Fender Mike Dirnt Precision. [url="http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0138400303"]Click here for the details from Fender's website.[/url] It's black, in very very good condition (one nick on the inner top of the body - you can see it in the 4th pic. It's not gone through the paint), and has had home use only. Sounds massive with the '59 Custom Shop pickup and Badass II as standard. Comes in a hard case (Gator, I think) and has the original hang tags etc with it. It's basically a '51 P bass (with '55 body contours), and a huge sounding Custom Shop pup. As I'm typing this, I'm wondering why I'm even thinking of selling it! :)

I'll end up making quite a loss on this one, as I paid full retail for it (still have the receipt for £649), and then ended up having to get it professionally setup and the frets levelled (good old Fender QC again), which cost me just over another £100. I have the receipt for that work too. All in, it owes me £749 plus £50 for a hard case. Sigh. I'll let it go for [s]£475[/s] [b]£450[/b], collected. No offers thanks. I'll hold on to it if I don't get that kind of money for it. It plays wonderfully now, and has quite a low action, and is surprisingly flexible - it's not just a balls-out punk bass. I should say that you're welcome to arrange your own courier - I'll pack it all up securely and take photos of it before it goes (just in case!).

[attachment=86016:Mike_Dirnt_1.jpg]
[attachment=86017:Mike_Dirnt_2.jpg]
[attachment=86018:Mike_Dirnt_3.jpg]
[attachment=86019:Mike_Dirnt_4.jpg]

Secondly, I have my 2011 Epiphone Jack Casady in gold sparkle. I recently got this as part of a trade + cash (from me) deal. It's a beautiful bass, but If I'm absolutely honest, I've played it maybe half a dozen times. I am stupid enough not to realise that I only like P basses, and so I keep buying other basses, playing them for a couple of days, and then going back to my P basses. Consequently, I sell them at a loss. Go figure. Anyway, this isn't a great sales pitch, so [url="http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=2201"]click here for Gibson's link to the bass.[/url].

The bass comes with a home made (not by me, I can barely change a plug) hard case, which protects it well. I can't see a mark on the bass, and it's also never left the house. Still has the original strings on (which are I think half wounds?), and has a surprisingly thin fast neck. I'm looking for [s]£450[/s] [b]£425[/b] collected for this. Again, no offers thanks.

[attachment=86020:Jack_Casady_1.jpg]
[attachment=86021:Jack_Casady_2.jpg]
[attachment=86023:Jack_Casady_3.jpg]
[attachment=86022:Jack_Casady_4.jpg]

As with the Mike Dirnt, you're welcome to arrange your own courier - I'll pack it up securely.

I should mention that I live just off j.15 of the M40, and work in Solihull. I also travel a fair bit with my job, so we might be able to arrange a meet up, depending on where you are, and where the job takes me.

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers

Mark.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='walbassist' post='1324497' date='Aug 2 2011, 04:41 PM']I wish it was my Veillette you wanted, as I'd trade for both of those in a flash! Suspect it isn't though.... :)[/quote]

Your Veillette would be wasted on me. My motto is rapidly becoming "anything old by Fender, played beneath the 5th fret"....

Doesn't look like there's a huge amount of interest in the buyers market at the moment, so my possible purchase will probably have to wait....