Why become a member? ×

Bass Combo.

DreadAlert

Hey guys.

I've had a little Peavey amp for a while now, and combined with my Squier VM Jazz, I just can't seem to find the sound that I want from this amp. I can't seem to get anything much different from the one sound that it gives, which I don't really like. [url="http://www.jr.com/peavey/pe/PVY_MAX110/"]THIS[/url] is it.

I want to be able to play stuff like Rage Against the Machine, Limp Bizkit, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and some soul/funk stuff aswell.

It's gotta have headphone port aswell. That's important.

Budget wise, i'd say around £250.

Edited by DreadAlert

This is a home practise amp/combo... and I doubt you have much tonal range on it anyway.
You could experiment at trying to get other sounds out of yoyur bass...but sooner or later you'll need something more capable.

Certain amps can only do one sound anyway...and the last thing you want on them is an EQ stage to complicate things :)

For that budget, I'd be loking at a decent size combo that could do small gigs... but then, you will likely not have the headroom to
get more that one sound at its loud volume.

In recent times, I've heard/used Ampeg and GK combos, plus MB rigs and all have been small and portable..but they don't do it sound-wise, IMO...when you go to crank them...and the extention speaker just makes the thing louder...but not a better sound.

My pet thing, atm...is people doing larger stages with smaller combos...they can't compete with a loud drumer or gtr...so even though the out front sound isn't so bad...the stage sound is awful to have to contend with..IMO.