Why become a member? ×

A find for incredible overdriven bass

CPBassman

Hi folks,

Just thought id do a quick post. Whilst ive been on what seems like an everlasting and expensive journey searching for the ultimate bass distortion pedal via mainstream and boutique makers. Ive never really found the MASSIVE sound i was seeking.

Ive never seen a posting about this little baby but its very cheap in comparision to the boutique pedals out there. The sound range is extremely broad and the levels of distortion achieveable are also huge. It has a beautiful BASS control which ensures socks off bottom end.

Oh and its red so you wont lose it......

try it..its very very surprising

Boss Mega Distortion - MD2

Its chuffin great !!!!!!

Edited by CPBassman

Just had a wee look online at it & sounds very suited to bass. Why would Boss market this as a guitar pedal though! I mean....

[quote]The BOSS MD2 Mega distortion captures the bottom-heavy distortion sounds heard in today's new-school metal and pushes it to the extreme.

The secret is a special dual-stage distortion circuit with an added gain boost-plus new Bottom and Tone controls--for crushing distortion with massive low end. Take your distortion into the future with the MD-2.[/quote]

Good for the bedroom guitard, but doesn't sound like it would be any good for a guitarist in a band to me.

I spent a long time looking for a good OD/distortion looking for bass, IMO to work well in a gigging band it has to be one of two things.

Part of your amp head. I'm not sure why since they're still solid state circuits, but amp head distortions seem to work well in general, I never used to use distortion until I got my first 2 channel head, now it's an important change in dynamics for me.

Blendable, I've never found a good (IMO) distortion/OD pedal that doesn't kill the bass, having some dry signal passing through sorts that right out.

Both IMO though, if you found a pedal that you enjoy, nice one. :)