Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Asdown Spyder 550 (Valve Preamp, SS poweramp)

badboy1984

For sale is my Ashdown Spyder 550 bass head and Boss Gx-700 multi effect rack unit.

Selling them as a set together, both unit is in near perfect condition and is kept in a stagg 6 unit rack case.

Looking for £300 for the whole lot but price can be further discuss via PM.

or

£270 for the head and £50 for the rest.

Prefer pickup only but will post as well.

I'm from manchester by the way.

can PM me if interest.

Edited by badboy1984

the price is for the bass amp, multi effect and the flight case.

Photo will be follow shortly.

also willing to split and sell the amp only if you guys interest in the amp.

Just let the you guys know this ashdown is a all valve preamp but use solid state power amp. Uses the same all valve preamp as the ashdown 427 small black and uses the ABM poweramp.

Great solid amp but I'm downsizing to using a combo so this good solid amp will look for a new owner.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1317618' date='Jul 26 2011, 08:47 PM']Absolute bloody bargain!!!!!!!!!!!
Karl.[/quote]

Thanks Karl. I needed the $$$ and downsizing my rig so this is going for dirt cheap lol. To me this is one of ashdown best amp head, same valve pre as the 427 and uses the reliable ABM solid state power amp lol.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1318929' date='Jul 28 2011, 06:45 AM']Thank God for that.
I don't need it, but by Hell do I want it :) .
Karl.[/quote]

hahaha, indeed is a good amp and not surpraise you have the GAS consider the price is steal too lol.

I was looking at the Ashdown site the other day and realise the Spyder 550 had been discontinue but the same amp is called the Dual Valve 550 ...........

So they discontinue the amp and call it something else but is still the same amp .........