Why become a member? ×

Odds and Sods thread

We all love threads like these, don't we? Posted here for quick sale, first come, first served, all items priced to sell so no lowball offers please! For local pickup of any of these you need to know that I am in wonderful WOLVERHAMPTON. Obviously, I'd be happy to post the first item, but the other two would perhaps be better for collection - read on for details.

First up - 4" leather Moody strap. I bought this to colour co-ordinate (yeah, tell me about it) with a bass I've since sold. Strap is as 99.9% as new, you can tell a bass has been attached when you look at the strap button holes, but otherwise totally clean and unmarked. Maybe used for 4 hours total. This one is black leather, backed with tobacco suede, standard 37"-49" length (it doesn't have the extension). It has the Moody Insignia at one end and the gold embossed bass clef at the other (it came from the TalkBass.com store). I have a black/blue Moody strap for my current main bass and would not use anything else. If you've never tried one then you really should, but they're pricey. New from Moody these are $170 plus shipping to the UK. You can have this one for [b]£70 INCLUDING POSTAGE TO MAINLAND UK[/b], which works out just over half price. Pics of the actual strap:

Next - Hiscox "LiteFlite" Standard EBS case, now surplus to requirements as I have more cases than basses! This is rigid as hell but very light. I'm only choosing this one for sale as it's had very little use and is therefore in better nick and worth more than my other cases. Status sent me another one of these (with the Status logo moulded in) with my S2 classic. Again, 95% or more as new, which isn't surprising as the damn thing is probably indestructible. I even have the keys! Fits standard basses - J, P, et cetera, but if you have something really weird I'd recommend checking the dimensions first. [b]These are about £70 new plus shipping, will sell for £45. It would suit local pickup better at this price as shipping would be a big chunk on top of £45[/b]. Stock photos:

And last - Hercules GS432B stand. Full height stand for 3 basses with their autograb hanger system. I got this for when I used to take multiple basses on gigs, but that was never very often and it's absolutely unthinkable to me now! So, hasn't been used much at all. It's one of three Hercules stands I own and they're all really nice quality. This one is pretty much as new in original box and of course the obligatory polythene bag. [b]These are £60 or so new plus shipping, will sell for £35, so again, local collection will make this more attractive, I reckon.[/b] Stock photo and Hercules webpage for this stand:

[url="http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/product/85317/GS432B/Floor_Stands/Auto_Grab_Tri_guitar_stand"]http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/product/85...ri_guitar_stand[/url]

Some nice items here, methinks. Let's get 'em to someone who'll get some use out of them.

Edited by bassybill

Several PMs received and responded to - thanks for the interest.

Interestingly, all the enquiries have been for the case, but despite the cost I think the Moody strap is the real bargain out of this bunch.

Edited by bassybill

[quote name='goblin' post='1309412' date='Jul 19 2011, 05:32 PM']Can't go wrong with a Moody strap guys, mine was $160 new according to the box, so £70 is a bargain![/quote]

Yeah - with the dollar price, shipping and VAT/customs duties, I think I ended up paying over £120 for this one! That kind of crept up on me by surprise (I think beer was probably involved). Crazy! But that's why I think this really is a steal for anybody who wants the very best strap money can possibly buy, as you won't get one over here for any less at present.

The other one I have DID cost a lot less, but that was about 6 years ago when the £ was doing so much better.

Edited by bassybill

[quote name='mikegatward' post='1310466' date='Jul 20 2011, 03:51 PM']How much for the stand posted ?[/quote]

Just checked on interparcel - shipping would be £8-50 plus VAT. So, say £45?

Edited by bassybill

Well, the case has made one gentleman in Cheshire a happy little chap. Anybody want the stand or the strap? The latter in particular should find a nice home, it's bloody gorgeous! See pics above.