Why become a member? ×

Primus kicked ass.

steverickwood

[quote name='Doddy' post='1303299' date='Jul 14 2011, 10:37 AM']No..They get to open up for Primus because the singers dad used to be the drummer in Oysterhead with Les Claypool.[/quote]

Plus the fact that his family run one of the worlds biggest promoters/booking agencies, cant hurt either :) I thought they were much of a muchness. Too similar to the Primus sound to be support for them. The worst was that the 'singers' gimicky rendition sucked.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1303691' date='Jul 14 2011, 04:19 PM']I had a ticket and missed it.

Fatality on the train line. Waited around for ages, then got a taxi home (30 odd miles) to try and get my car to discover the M1 was shut. I wouldn't have got to Brixton before 10pm. Maybe later.

Gutted beyond words.[/quote]

A bad evening for you. Not as bad as the poor train line fatalities, but still must have been totally gutted. Hopefully they wont wait so long to return next time. Hopefully you will see them then.

Edited by daz

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1303256' date='Jul 14 2011, 09:59 AM']I thought they show was great and the set choice was, in the whole, very good.

I was disappointed with Les's lack of communication to the audience. He spoke a bit here and there, but has a reputation of lots of very funny interaction which I hoped to of been treated to. The big let down was the venue sound. Very boomy, like the sound system was not cut out for the size (or height) of the room. The mid was all snare drum until half waythrough and we only really got treated to a good guitar sound for the encore!

When they got it right, it sounded massive, but it took most the gig before the soundmen decided to tweak.. Shame.

Still enjoyed it lots, was cool to hook up with Robbie (RIM basses) and Dood, and the show was very enjoyable. Let's not mention 'Hot Head Show's opening slot though... Urghhhh.[/quote]

Great to see you too mate! Sadly I couldn't open the picture you mms'd me, I assume it was of the accommodation you spoke of?
Still amazed that you spotted me from right across the other side of the venue. Do I *really* stick out like a sore thumb that much ha ha ha ha!

Yup, had a quick hello to Robbie too, I have to admit that after the three hour trip down, I really needed a drink and sadly my conversation skills sucked. sorry Robbie!

Gig though, yeah it was strange that there wasn't any front lighting and thus couldntbsee the whites of their eyes.

[quote name='mononick' post='1304660' date='Jul 15 2011, 12:45 PM']would have liked to hear a couple of songs from pork soda , obviously mud and maybe mr krinkle or bob but i realyl cant complain![/quote]

I thought Mr Krinkle was going to happen when the upright came out. Shame it didn't happen, but a bangin' set none the less.

The new songs are sounding cool.

[quote name='mononick' post='1304660' date='Jul 15 2011, 12:45 PM']i had a look at the setlist compared to some of the other dates they have done recently and i think we got a real good set![/quote]

Did you see that online or something? I'd like to be reminded of the full set list for night because some of it was a bit hazy for me. :)

[quote name='dood' post='1304710' date='Jul 15 2011, 01:31 PM']Great to see you too mate! Sadly I couldn't open the picture you mms'd me, I assume it was of the accommodation you spoke of?
Still amazed that you spotted me from right across the other side of the venue. Do I *really* stick out like a sore thumb that much ha ha ha ha!

Yup, had a quick hello to Robbie too, I have to admit that after the three hour trip down, I really needed a drink and sadly my conversation skills sucked. sorry Robbie!

Gig though, yeah it was strange that there wasn't any front lighting and thus couldntbsee the whites of their eyes.[/quote]

The pic was indeed our rather special hotel room. In an attempt to make the trip as cheap as possible we booked with easyhotel - same company as easy jet. No frills accommodation. We booked the cheapest room which was listed as 'Small room, No window'. Central London hotel for £48.00 a night.

Small is no joke. Same as the average understates cupboard. View from opening the door...

And around the corner...

Behind the door was another door which opens into a shower cubicle... With a toilet and a sink inside the shower!!! I s**t you not!

And yes... Dood, your that easy to spot across a venue full of thousands! :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1304767' date='Jul 15 2011, 02:35 PM']Behind the door was another door which opens into a shower cubicle... With a toilet and a sink inside the shower!!! I s**t you not![/quote]

So finally you can s#@t while you shower and shave all at the same time :) Oh the joys of modern living.

Edited by daz

Found it! I like that nostalgic feeling of looking back over a setlist a few days after a banger of a gig, there's always 1 or 2 songs that I forgot happened :)

[b]Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers
Tommy the Cat (Included "The Awakening" bass solo)
Hennepin Crawler
Mr. Knowitall
Behind My Camel (The Police cover)
Groundhog's Day
The Last Salmon Man
Over the Falls
Tragedy's a-Comin'
Drum and Whamola Jam (This was actually the track "Whamola")
John the Fisherman
Jilly's on Smack
Green Ranger
Jerry was a Race Car Driver
Over the Electric Grapevine
Harold of the Rocks

Encore:
Here Come the Bastards
Pudding Time
Too Many Puppies
Is It Luck?
Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread

Note: All songs in the encore were played as a medley. Each track was abridged accordingly, with the exception of "Duchess..." which was played in full.[/b]

Edited by thumbo