Why become a member? ×

My New Sovtek Big Muff

Jag_Bassist

I recently bought this old sovtek big muff (possibly for more than its worth) and i have to save IM IN LOVE!

the thing has so much low end that i was expecting and so much fuzz!

allthough i use this thing on a pretty mild setting, it is capable of getting the most fuzz ive ever heard from a pedal... and ive owned quite a few!

anyway... i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a replacement Knob for it as you can see it doesnt have the original one.... although i will miss people asking what the button does on top :)

[attachment=84583:IMAG0343.jpg]

What an excellent muff you have. I've had a few of the later green versions and the black one too. I've always wanted to try the tall font one as word on the intenretz is that it's the best sounding (same as the Civil War muffs I believe).

In regards to knobs...not sure. I thought you used to be able to get them from Small Bear electronics in the Stares, but a quick look shows they don't have any. They can come up on the Bay sometimes, but not too often. Sorry...I've not been much help!! Enjoy that green goodness though!

[quote name='umcoo' post='1303435' date='Jul 14 2011, 12:38 PM']What an excellent muff you have. I've had a few of the later green versions and the black one too. I've always wanted to try the tall font one as word on the intenretz is that it's the best sounding (same as the Civil War muffs I believe).

In regards to knobs...not sure. I thought you used to be able to get them from Small Bear electronics in the Stares, but a quick look shows they don't have any. They can come up on the Bay sometimes, but not too often. Sorry...I've not been much help!! Enjoy that green goodness though![/quote]

is this the tall font one? when i bought it i wasnt really aware of the 2 and still dont really know the difference

how much did u buy your muffs for?

Yep it's a tall font. You can tell by the lettering on the front. The other green version is the bubble ones...the writing is rounded and is a lot more common. Still sounds bitchin' though.

Can't really remember how much they were. The 2 green's I've had were about £100 each, maybe a bit more with taxes. I had one from the States and one from Canada. Some people moan about how they were £20 when they were new and no-one liked them, and now they're the bees knees because they're discontinued, but I think they are worth the money. Can I ask how much the tall font cost you?

[quote name='umcoo' post='1303657' date='Jul 14 2011, 03:51 PM']Yep it's a tall font. You can tell by the lettering on the front. The other green version is the bubble ones...the writing is rounded and is a lot more common. Still sounds bitchin' though.

Can't really remember how much they were. The 2 green's I've had were about £100 each, maybe a bit more with taxes. I had one from the States and one from Canada. Some people moan about how they were £20 when they were new and no-one liked them, and now they're the bees knees because they're discontinued, but I think they are worth the money. Can I ask how much the tall font cost you?[/quote]

I payed about £120 for mine which is probably too much =P oh well i cant see it coming off the board

might get a looper to make sure there is no tone suck and possible a clean blender to try that out

[quote name='Toasted' post='1303676' date='Jul 14 2011, 04:04 PM']If anyone is looking at selling a Civil War Muff or a Green Muff then I'm looking to buy.[/quote]

[quote name='umcoo' post='1303786' date='Jul 14 2011, 05:12 PM']That's not too bad really. You see them on ebay for £300 plus sometimes. They never sell, but hey ho.

Joe - Good luck in getting a muff, they're very much worth it.[/quote]

In that case.... joe if you want to buy mine for 300 ;]