Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Midget on its side

uke

On louder gigs I prefer the Midget cab on its side to match the width of my Aggie, (this would be the case also with the Compact!) but my Shuttle head wont sit right on the handle!
I ordered some Platfoam blocks at the time I ordered the cab but they seem to be out of stock, so I've been getting by with various makeshift bits of foam, but the eureka moment came when I was in Poundland a couple of days ago and I spotted this laptop cooler fan/stand! with blue led's powered by usb!
I thought fab, I'll rip the gubbins out and use it as an amp stand on the cab, then came my pimp my cab moment when I remembered I had a small mains usb adaptor (£6 maplins) plugged it in and you can see the result in the photos, looks very cool!.... (well it is as the wee fan can only be doing it good)

and all for a pound :)

Edited by uke

[quote name='OzMike' post='1300600' date='Jul 12 2011, 08:07 AM']Do the heads stay on under gig conditions? I've had my Shuttle 6.0 vibrated off the top of my cabs before. I had to buy a 'rock towel' (black hand towel) to place underneath it to hold it steady.[/quote]
Sorry, I haven't had a chance at gig level yet, but I've had it pretty cranked up in the garage and it seems solid enough!

[quote name='daz' post='1301175' date='Jul 12 2011, 03:40 PM']could do with one of them, what make are they? and is the fan loud?[/quote]
They're Poundlands own make, and the fan is pretty insignificant with no audible noise!