Why become a member? ×

Need String Advice!

Jag_Bassist

Hello guys & girls

I am looking to replace the strings on my Fender Jaguar and was wondering if you lot could help me ?

I have a HUUUUGEEE problem with strings dying quickly on me as i think i have quite acidic sweat.. strings bright toppy sound last a day or two if im lucky :)

I was considering getting a coating string perhaps?

I play mostly with a plectrum and love the tones of Justin Chancellor & Rolo Tomassi's bassist tone on Oh, hello Ghost.

I attack the strings hard with the plectrum aswell so if its coated... it has to be able to take a beating :)

Looking to spend £30 or less on these aswel.

PLEASE HELP

i would try dr lorider steel(!)maybe the 110, really long lasting and good for rock and plec sound... or if you prefer coated, i would give the elixirs a try
did you consider flatwounds?seems paradox to your preference..but maybe with d´addario chromes you will hold a brighter level for a long time,
also you get a hard punch and attack with plec in a rock context

Edited by 73Jazz

I had the same problem in my younger days, although I didn't have to pay for my strings so it wasn't too much of a worry.

I always had a can of anti perspirant in the gig bag and would give the fingers a blast just prior to playing. Worked a treat but I'm betting someone will be along to say that it's probably not a good idea :)

[quote name='gary mac' post='1300398' date='Jul 11 2011, 10:36 PM']I had the same problem in my younger days, although I didn't have to pay for my strings so it wasn't too much of a worry.

I always had a can of anti perspirant in the gig bag and would give the fingers a blast just prior to playing. Worked a treat but I'm betting someone will be along to say that it's probably not a good idea :)[/quote]

OO ill give that a try :] i tried talcum powder but that didnt work at all

[quote name='glbass' post='1305666' date='Jul 16 2011, 12:26 PM']The D'Addario ETB92 Nylon Tapewound strings sound good, and last a long time. No sweat issues with them at all.

[/quote]

are they going to be bright enough? only demo of the strings are on acoustics and fretless's

[quote name='73Jazz' post='1300325' date='Jul 11 2011, 09:28 PM']i would try dr lorider steel(!)maybe the 110, really long lasting and good for rock and plec sound... or if you prefer coated, i would give the elixirs a try
did you consider flatwounds?seems paradox to your preference..but maybe with d´addario chromes you will hold a brighter level for a long time,
also you get a hard punch and attack with plec in a rock context[/quote]

im not sure flatwounds would really cut what im after i love the sound of music man bass's with really new strings... but i try and replicate that with bridge pup and active pre amp > sansamp bass driver but i might be wrong what flatwounds would you recommend?