Why become a member? ×

Sonisphere - Limp Bizkit

Dropzone

Got back from Soni. Limp Bizkits sound was unreal. The lows on the bass guitar were truly earth shattering.

Slipknot were lower but Bizkit were subbing really cleanly. I thought it must have been a sample at first but much close watching it was amazing also Wes Borland is an amazing guitarist.

Must get his set up.

Ta

Mike

Sorry to detract but I thought Fred Durst was useless and diluted a good band (I agree the bass sounded really good and Wes B is an ace guitarist). His audience interaction was atrocious. " So guys, what song do you wanna hear next?" ....tedious 30-45 second silence while crowd yells out song titles. "OK, you wanna hear Nookie or Douchebag. Which one? Nookie" (huge roar) or "Douchebag" (a few voices) "So we're gonna do Douchebag" :)

Edited by Clarky

No worries about detracting. I just thought they had the best sound by a mile.

I could feel certain parts of me vibrate in a not unpleasureable way with some of their notes. I don't think Bill Bailey rose to the occaision, which made me sad.

Great weekend though.

[quote name='Dropzone' post='1299899' date='Jul 11 2011, 01:52 PM']No worries about detracting. I just thought they had the best sound by a mile.

I could feel certain parts of me vibrate in a not unpleasureable way with some of their notes. I don't think Bill Bailey rose to the occaision, which made me sad.

Great weekend though.[/quote]
I missed Bill Bailey (as my youngest wanted to keep our positions for Slipknot, his fave band) but I heard from others that he was disappointing. Shame as I like him a lot normally.

My highlights of Sonisphere were Metallica (pretty much the whole set), Slayer playing "Raining blood", Motorhead "Overkill" and Slipknot "Duality".

Just wish I had packed a rain mac!

Learnt to pack a small mac at Download 2010 when it rained hard for two solid hours. I vowed to carry a coat with me at all times. I leant my mac to somone who was freezing cold at Download 2011 on Friday night and didn't see them again so had to use the outer of my sleeping bag which was waterproof on the Sunday. Rock and / or Roll ;-)

Metallic were great, a spot on set. House of Pain were a guilty pleasure ;-)