Why become a member? ×

MM Sterling

garbev

Hi,

Got this lovely Sterling off Rockinbassman, but since I've become the proud owner
of a Shuker 5 it hasn't been out the house.
The Sterling is natural with a nicely grained body, tort plate. Very slim maple neck.
Sounds like a Sterling should and plays like a dream, very low buzz free action.
The bass comes in a Musicman moulded case.

The price I'm looking for is £600 plus postage, but would be interested in taking
a lightweight cab as a P/X up to the value of £250ish, a Neo 12 would be my
first choice, EBS, Aguilar, Berg, but I'm open to offers.

Thanks,

Gary.

I can't comment on this actual bass, but I can second the fact that Sterlings are great instruments as I have one the same (but with a rosewood board). I love it. This is a good price too, for the UK. If I could afford it, I'd buy it just so I could have one bass with flats and one with rounds!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='150641' date='Mar 3 2008, 08:41 PM']I love these basses. If only it had a rosewood finger board...[/quote]

Hi - new user here, so please excuse any ineptitude on my part. Three questions if I may:
1) Is the Sterling still for sale?
2) Would you consider a swap for my Gibson SG Re-issue bass (one year old, fabulous condition)?
3) Where are you in the UK, should I want a look before buying (if that's okay) - I'm in Birmingham