Why become a member? ×

Warwick Custom Shop Streamer Stage 1 4 String for trade

darkandrew

[b]EDIT: Now also interested in hearing from anyone wanting to trade for a 5 string of similar quality and condition.[/b]

Hi, I have a very nice Warwick Custom Shop Streamer Stage 1 which I am thinking of trading for a Spector NS2 or Euro Ian Hill . For the time being I'm just putting out feelers but here are some photos:

[attachment=84445:IMG_0008.JPG]
[attachment=84443:IMG_0003.JPG]

and here's a link to my actual bass on the Warwick Custom Shop gallery:

[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=729&modell=Streamer&page=16&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/custom_...ge=16&cl=EN[/url]

The bass is in excellent condition and, as you can see, the only changes to it from the pictures shown in the gallery are that the gold MEC logos on the pickups are a little faded and I've replaced the rattly old "just a nut 1" with a new brass "just a nut 3". As well as being in excellent condition (and coming with a Warwick flight case), the bass plays really well but in the world of Warwick Vs Spector some people like Warwicks with their adjustable everything and others like Spectors with their plastic knobs - for some reason I just prefer the Spectors, no particular reason for it, they are both excellent basses but I guess sometimes you just like what you like.

As I said, at the moment this is just a feeler to see if there are any NS2s or Euro Ian Hills out there - if there are and you are interested in a trade then please let me know.

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='1301861' date='Jul 13 2011, 03:29 AM']Hi, are you intrested in a trade with a bubinga thumb BO + cash?[/quote]
Thanks for the offer but sorry I'm really quite fond of my SS1 and the only thing that could persuade me to part with it would by a Spector NS2 or an Ian Hill / Doug Wimbish signature Euro.

Edited by darkandrew

• 1 month later...

[quote name='darkandrew' post='1299328' date='Jul 10 2011, 09:54 PM']Hi, I have a very nice Warwick Custom Shop Streamer Stage 1 which I am thinking of trading for a Spector NS2 or Euro Ian Hill. For the time being I'm just putting out feelers but here are some photos:

[attachment=84445:IMG_0008.JPG]
[attachment=84443:IMG_0003.JPG]

and here's a link to my actual bass on the Warwick Custom Shop gallery:

[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=729&modell=Streamer&page=16&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/custom_...ge=16&cl=EN[/url]

The bass is in excellent condition and, as you can see, the only changes to it from the pictures shown in the gallery are that the gold MEC logos on the pickups are a little faded and I've replaced the rattly old "just a nut 1" with a new brass "just a nut 3". As well being in excellent condition (and coming with a Warwick flight case), the bass plays really well but in the world of Warwick Vs Spector some people like Warwicks with their adjustable everything and others like Spectors with their plastic knobs - for some reason I just prefer the Spectors, no particular reason for it, they are both excellent basses but I guess sometimes you just like what you like.

As I said, at the moment this is just a feeler to see if there are any NS2s or Euro Ian Hills out there - if there are and you are interested in a trade then please let me know.[/quote]
Hi there, strangely enough I am thinking of a change from Spector to Warwick. I know this is not Spector NS2 as you were asking for, but I have a Spector Euro 4LX in Black Cherry colour which is in perfect condition and as close to an NS as you can get, If you would consider swapping your Warwick for my Spector. If you are interested, please feel free to email me directly at... [email protected] and I can send you as many high quality pictures as you like and any further information you require. Hopefully we can sort something out my friend. Respects... Gary( BISCUIT) Bennett ;o)
PS... The strings in the picture are Rotosound Nexus, but I have now replaced them with a brand new set of Rotosound Nickels !

[quote name='BISCUITANDBASS' post='1346017' date='Aug 20 2011, 02:06 AM']Hi there, strangely enough I am thinking of a change from Spector to Warwick. I know this is not Spector NS2 as you were asking for, but I have a Spector Euro 4LX in Black Cherry colour which is in perfect condition and as close to an NS as you can get, If you would consider swapping your Warwick for my Spector. If you are interested, please feel free to email me directly at... [email protected] and I can send you as many high quality pictures as you like and any further information you require. Hopefully we can sort something out my friend. Respects... Gary( BISCUIT) Bennett ;o)
PS... The strings in the picture are Rotosound Nexus, but I have now replaced them with a brand new set of Rotosound Nickels ![/quote]

Sorry Gary, I'm really only after an NS2 or an Ian Hill / Doug Wimbish Euro.

Thanks anyway.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' timestamp='1318154846' post='1398527']
Still no interest in cash offers?
[/quote]
Probably not at this point ... according to the Warwick website the rrp was 4500 euros, the original owner said he paid £2500 for it and I paid £1100. Basschat etiquette says that I can't ask for more than the £1100 that I paid for it and I haven't seen anything for around that figure that I want to buy at the moment. Besides, like I said earlier I am very fond of this bass and would only consider passing it on if I found something else to fall in love with.

Edited by darkandrew