Why become a member? ×

Ibanez BTB1206e Prestige

Dapper Bandit

So, people that are in the know can tell you that Ibanez churned out some boutique-quality basses for a while and this is one of them.

Let's take a look at the specs:
Ibanez BTB1206E Prestige at a Glance:

Flamed maple top, maple/mahogany back with natural finish.
5-piece BTB6 Prestige thru-neck design with rosewood fingerboard and abalone off-set dot Inlays.
Bartolini custom pickups and 3-band EQ.
Mono-Rail IV bridge and Neutrik locking jacks.
Mahogany Body and Flamed Maple Top

Mahogany is revered for its sweet sustain, smoldering tone, and an acoustical range that extends all the way from deep octaves to a singing upper register. Mahogany is also valued for its color, grain, stability and high-strength/low weight ratio. A real plus when you have to stand up and play for hours at a time. Visually, the curly pattern of flamed maple is breathtaking. Acoustically, the wavy fibers reduce the long grain stiffness and vibrate more freely - the secret to the bright, clear powerful sound.

BTB5 Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard

The 6- String Ibanez BTB1206E Prestige features neck-thru construction. The Ibanez BTB1206E's 35" scale offers tight tension with no flopping, superior articulation, and excellent sustain. Perfect for 5-strings and detuned 4-strings. An off-center line shape makes the upper fretwork on the Ibanez BTB1206E as easy to play as lower fretwork is on a standard neck. The Ibanez BTB1206E's Rosewood fingerboard offers a strong, bright sound and an attractive appearance with a long grain complimented by Abalone offset dot inlays.

Custom Pickups and 3-Band EQ

Bartolini pickups custom-designed for Ibanez complement the 35" scale of the BTB1206E Prestige bass. Bartolini pickups provide deep, warm tones while retaining treble emphasis. The Bartolini active 3-band EQ features fully independent bass, treble, and mid controls and a mini switch for quick mid-frequency adjustments of 250Hz, 500Hz, and 1kHz. 18-volt circuitry provides much greater headroom than found on standard active EQs. The Ibanez BTB1206E also features the Mono-Rail IV bridge, which offers even greater string-to-string isolation and easier string changes.

High-tech features

While the BTB1206E is traditional in style, it's completely up-to-date with the most sophisticated high-tech features such as Neutrik locking jacks and Ibanez Mono-Rail bridges. The Ibanez BTB1206E's new Mono-Rail IV Bridge offers even greater string-to-string isolation and easier string changes, and the BTB1206E's Neutrik locking jack means that you can get completely carried away without getting unplugged.

Ibanez BTB1206E Specifications:

BTB6 Prestige neck-thru
5pc. Maple/ Walnut Neck Material
Flamed Maple top/ Mahogany / Maple back Body
24/Medium frets
Rosewood Finger Board
Mono- Rail IV bridge
Bartolini Custom Neck PU
Bartolini Custom Bridge PU
Abalone Off-set Dot Inlay
SN : Hardware Color
Bartolini 3-Band (18V)

Pretty impressive, huh? I really loved this thing when I got it, growled so very nicely through a Marhsall VBA400. Unfortunately I've realised that all the Claypool worship I did as a younger man is not really my bag these days so this bass doesn't get the use it deserves anymore.

In the interest of fairness and full disclosure the bass is in very good condition bar the B string slot on the nut where I filed it out to accomodate a larger gauge string (.175!) so I'm going to knock £50 off what I was originally going to ask for and put this up for [b][size=3]£375 posted[/size][/b]

Pics up later.

Edited by Dapper Bandit

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dapper Bandit' post='1307637' date='Jul 18 2011, 11:41 AM']Bu-bump.

This is a steal folks! Take advantage of my better nature.[/quote]

Saw your bass so joined up, but not the best on these kind of things. Got a SR506 and SR605 to see which configuration I wanted to pursue as I'm getting back into playing again. Had a really nice Ibanez 4 string back in the day, but have now settled on the six, which I was going to customise and upgrade, but your bass might be the answer as I can't stretch to 2 or 3 grand for one I'd really like. Is it still there an where are you based.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='pep2000' post='1319547' date='Jul 28 2011, 05:30 PM']Saw your bass so joined up, but not the best on these kind of things. Got a SR506 and SR605 to see which configuration I wanted to pursue as I'm getting back into playing again. Had a really nice Ibanez 4 string back in the day, but have now settled on the six, which I was going to customise and upgrade, but your bass might be the answer as I can't stretch to 2 or 3 grand for one I'd really like. Is it still there an where are you based.[/quote]

Hi there,

The bass is still available. I'm based in the Channel Islands so postage is a must but hey, I've included it in the price!

This has to be one of those stupid-good basschat deals, I've tried to sell it locally with no luck so people with the internet get free postage. Now that's fair!