Why become a member? ×

Stagg Fretless. £70.00 SOLD SOLD SOLD

machinehead

I bought this as a cheap way to try fretless bass. New cost was £129.99 at the time I bought it but this was 3 maybe 4 years ago. I'm shocked to see them at £146.99 now!! I'm asking £80.00 (NOW 70.00) + postage at cost which would be about £15.00 insured. If it's less, you only pay cost. No case but it'll be double boxed and bubble wrapped. My packaging is renowned - see my feedback thread.

I'd also be interested in a trade for a Squier telecaster or similar.

Specifications

Pickups: 1x JB + 1x PB
Controls: 2x Volume + 1x Tone
Body: Solid Alder
Neck: Hard Maple, bolt-on, 867 mm scale length (34.2 in.)
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 24 frets
Bridge: "JB" Classic
Machine heads: Diecast, black
Colour: Natural.

The bass is a P/J pickup. The sounds available are surprisingly good - warm, grindy and deep from the P pup, and bright and burpy from the j pup. Blending both gives a decent variety of sounds. There's plenty of Mwaaaa for sure.

The action is really very good. No crap - it's easier to play than the Fender jass fretless that replaced it. It's strung with flats. The fingerboard is unlined, which I prefer, markers are where your frets would be. Weight is on the light side. I'll guess at less than 9 lbs. Perhaps 8.5 lbs even. I can weigh it using fishing scales if it's important to a buyer.

The weakest part is the tuners. They are stiff to use and feel cheap although they do hold the tuning perfectly.

There is one small ding on the body which I can't capture in a pic. If it bothers the buyer, I'll try harder to show it.

All in all, this is a good playing and sounding fretless if you want to try fretless without laying out a lot of cash. It has lost it's initial value now so the buyer should be able to sell on at minimal or no loss if fretless turns out not to be your thing.

Link for pics, which I hope work as I'm a d**k at this.

Frank.

Edited by machinehead

I'm off in my campervan until Wednesday. Tuesday is a public holiday here in N. Ireland.

So please don't be offended if I don't respond immediately to any interested parties.

Also, just to say, I'm open to offers on this bass.

Treat yourself to a decent fretless for very little cash. :)

Or offload your unused Squier telecaster in exchange. (preferred option) I could add a little cash for the right telecaster. All offers will be given fair consideration.

Frank.

£70.00?? I can't value it any lower than this. Insured posting for an item below £200 value should be about £15.00 so it could be delivered to your door for £85.00.

Treat yourself to a nice lightweight and very playable fretless for very little cash. I'm still interested in a telecaster too. Obviously with added cash.

Frank.

EDIT. Could someone please confirm that the link to the pics is working? Thanks.

Edited by machinehead

Bump.

Are fretlesseseses unpopular at the moment? Someone must be interested in trying fretless for very little money. This bass plays extremely well, far better than the price would suggest. And if it doesn't work out, the buyer shouldn't lose any money moving it on at this price. The bass looks almost new. I've seen worse in guitar shops being sold new.

Would someone mind confirming that the link to the pics is working please.

Frank.