Why become a member? ×

Hi to all

AKA

hi everybody,

just signed up to bass chat, to chat with like minded people, keep up with the lastest gear, and hopefully keep on learning new stuff,

bin playing 'The Bass' since i was 13ish, so thats 30 odd years, yikkees!!! at present i'm in a ska band doing our own numbers n also some
classic covers, i'm a lefty so looking for that special one is always a bit of journey!, i play a warick corvett standard 4 string through a 300watt
trace 4 x 10 combo with a 1 x 15 cab.

i'm on the search for a new rig n keep checking out ebay n local papers etc, so gonna have a look on here to see whats about,
hopefully something that will tempt me to part with my hard earnt cash, any ebs stuff would be of interest, but i'm open to any
advice from any of you more experience giggers for a decent ska sound.

Andy.

Welcome to you both then! I joined late last year but still feel fairly new myself :)

The marketplace forums on here are an absolute godsend (or are they?? :)) Most of the contents of my pedalboard was bought from the lovely members here! I'm sure you'll find loads of toys to play with :lol:

just checked out your introduction paeg, thats pretty cool stuff you bin doing, royal albert hall!!!, f**k me, thats cool as, bin there myself but only as a watcher!
regarding your gear, wot do you think of the mark bass gear? not tried it myself but alot of people are raving about it.

thanks, will it give me a nice punchy sound, my trace combo that i play through is lovely but i can't get the sound i really want from it,
maybe i am setting it up wrong, any idea's / advice would be welcome. :)

I found i got an extremely punch sound 'right out of the box' with my markbass setup. Easiest amps to set up as well! You don't really need to mess with the EQ, just the VLE and VPF filters to give the sound a different character.

You could very well get a great sound out of the trace gear too though! It's usually best to start off with everything set flat, or in the middle and go from there. mid frequencies are your friend! They might not sound too pretty when you're playing alone, but when youre in a band setting they are the frequencies that shine through and really give your sound an actual sound! :)

[quote name='AKA' post='1295299' date='Jul 6 2011, 10:16 PM']just checked out your introduction paeg, thats pretty cool stuff you bin doing, royal albert hall!!!, f**k me, thats cool as, bin there myself but only as a watcher!
regarding your gear, wot do you think of the mark bass gear? not tried it myself but alot of people are raving about it.[/quote]

:) yah it was by far the best 45 minutes of my entire life. brixton was bigger numbers wise but rah was something special. still feels like a total dream though! even looking at the pictures doesn't really feel that real. maybe one day we will do it again as a headline act! mark bass are great but can be a bit honky at times. however i dont know if this is just my particular amp or the way i set it too. guess it just takes a fair bit of fiddling. They are however very neat, light and as chris says, definitely heard in the mix! agree with the pedal idea, they are originally meant to be an acoustic amp (i think?) so very clean.

x

thanks Chloe and thanks Chris, really good to chat with you n share some stuff, maybe i'm not doing my trace rig any justice with the sound thing,
need to start fiddling with the settings n experiment a bit more me thinks. chloe if i ever get to play the rah, i will let you n the world know too.!!! :)
cheers for know guys n hope to chat to you both soon. X

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='alanbass1' post='1306410' date='Jul 17 2011, 08:57 AM']Welcome aboard[/quote]

Thank u alanbass, great site this, i've already found and brought a new amp n cab already, fantasic! :)