Why become a member? ×

FS: Peavey T-40 - 1980, black/maple

mike257

Hey guys,

As with my other thread in the amp section, I'm having to reluctantly try and offload some gear as my poor van suffered a catastrophic engine failure and has to be replaced.

I'm offering up my 1980 Peavey T-40 for sale. It's black/black/maple, with the old-style toaster pickups (not the later blade type) and I had the age confirmed by Peavey when I picked it up a few years ago.

It's got a great low action and a fast neck, and is all original and working - no noisy pots/switches or anything. There's a few scuffs and scratches as you would expect with a 30+ year old gigging bass, but nothing major, and it looks great. The switching allows for both humbuckers to be coil-tapped, and for them to be switched in/out of phase for a wide range of tones.

Also comes in the tatty but functional Yamaha hard case it was living in when I bought it. This has been adorned with a sticky pass from a Paul McCartney world tour!

I'll take some pictures in the practice room this week and get 'em posted sharpish.

Looking for offers in the region of [b]£370 [/b]for this beast of a bass. I'll buy it back off you once the van's fixed too :)

Mike

Thanks Nik. I'm gutted to be putting any of my gear up for sale, I've never been one for getting rid of stuff, much prefer accumulating it. The bits that have gone have always been in exchange for more gear!

The van has been a nightmare, I've been out teching and tour managing for a couple of bands, just starting to get some regular work together, and the whole thing ground to a halt with a big crack in the engine block! The new van will be up and running soon, but lost a lot of work, time and money on it.

Hope you're well mate, thanks for the good luck, I'm about due some :)

[quote name='mike257' post='1294892' date='Jul 6 2011, 04:12 PM']Thanks Nik. I'm gutted to be putting any of my gear up for sale, I've never been one for getting rid of stuff, much prefer accumulating it. The bits that have gone have always been in exchange for more gear!

The van has been a nightmare, I've been out teching and tour managing for a couple of bands, just starting to get some regular work together, and the whole thing ground to a halt with a big crack in the engine block! The new van will be up and running soon, but lost a lot of work, time and money on it.

Hope you're well mate, thanks for the good luck, I'm about due some :)[/quote]
Am ok thanks Mike.. wow - bit of a killer when the van's your bread & butter!!

Maybe you've got a sale now though?? :)

• 3 weeks later...