Why become a member? ×

Ealing Blues Festival ... slapping my bass

PaulKing

Anyone in London area fancy a night of blues at the home of British Blues and Rock?

From this very stage came Alexis Korner, Rolling Stones, Cream, Yardbirds, Mayall .... without it there'd be nothing.

Now my turn to slap the upright on the same stage (move over Jack Bruce) at final night of three day blues fest...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1288015' date='Jun 30 2011, 05:23 PM']As luck would have it, I've seen you at the George IV and hope to do so again.

Given that I'm on holiday that week ... :)[/quote]

Sweet, cheers.
Ah well, head down to Twickenham on Sat 30th July instead then, I'm playing with Gentleman Tim and the Contenders, fine band, Ailsa Arms.
Or back at GIV on Fri 30th Sept .... OK advert over ;o)

Come say hello....!

Thanks for depping for me Paul! Tim thinks very highly of you.

Hope the festival goes well. I'm on holiday so won't be able to attend either. I'm sure it'll be fun!

Paul

Edited by PTB

[quote name='PTB' post='1288091' date='Jun 30 2011, 06:50 PM']Thanks for depping for me Paul! Tim thinks very highly of you.

Hope the festival goes well. I'm on holiday so won't be able to attend either. I'm sure it'll be fun!

Paul[/quote]

Nice one Paul - thanks for the chance!
Interesting to see how the band sound with new line up, Tim seems very happy .. and assures me there are no new tunes to catch me out. Hope not...

[quote name='PaulKing' post='1288111' date='Jun 30 2011, 07:16 PM']Nice one Paul - thanks for the chance!
Interesting to see how the band sound with new line up, Tim seems very happy .. and assures me there are no new tunes to catch me out. Hope not...[/quote]

I had 6 cd's worth to learn when I joined so there's still plenty of old songs to worry about IMO!

You'd never know it was there ... down a little staircase immediately opposite the station, next to an estate agent's or something.
There's been a few great BBC documentaries about the place - youtube has a few clips.
Most of the time its a dodgy dance club these days, but it's been there since the 60s, peddling some kind of trashy divey nightlife.
We're taking live music back there for the first time in ... ooh ages.