Why become a member? ×

Vox Bass Amp Head???

barteroo2002

Afternoon all.

I was invited to see The Coral in Bristol t'other night.
First things first - I really enjoyed it! It's wonderful seeing a band doing a kind of folky-pop thing that can elevate into rock and psychadelia during the gig. I've had Magic and Medicine since it came out but haven't listened to it in a while - really enjoyed the set.
Secondly - met their manager on the tour bus - ranks fairly highly in the 'Hilarious *That CAN'T BE TRUE!!* Storyteller' list!!

Anyway - the bass tone was so nice all night. He was going through a Vox Head, into an Ampeg 810. I can't seem to find any Vox heads really. Any ideas? It was a proper Vox looking head too - you know that Diamond Pattern fabric design.

I'm jealous of the tone big time.
Anyone know anything about Vox and Bass???

Found this picture on their Facebook Page and the amp on the right was definitely 100% the bass amp.

Cheers guys.

Looks like a V125b head. I had one only a few months ago. It a fantasic head using four EL34 valves giving 125 watts of nice warm valve sound.

You can pick them up or around £300 - £400.

Only draw back is the crap eq, so use an active bass with good eq or buy a pedal.

Edited by voxpop

[quote name='voxpop' post='1282251' date='Jun 25 2011, 04:37 PM']Looks like a V125b head. I had one only a few months ago. It a fantasic head using four EL34 valves giving 125 watts of nice warm valve sound.

You can pick them up or around £300 - £400.

Only draw back is the crap eq, so use an active bass with good eq or buy a pedal.[/quote]

I'm struggling to find out about these - so you sold yours recently for that sort of price? Seems pretty cool for a valve amp. Funny you mentioned the EQ - I noticed the bassist had a few pedals, an EQ being one of them.
I thought it sounded so nice - how come you got rid of yours?

I used to have a super foundation 2x15" cab and I remember seeing a kind of dummy Vox head where it looked like a Vox from the front but there was actually a Gallien Krueger amp hidden at the back. It was some sort of a dummy head meant to look the part but actually work :)