Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Skjold Custom '92 £895

Scooby

I acquired this bass recently purely because Pete Skjold makes fantastic basses and this is one of his finest. However, although I knew it was a 35" scale, I was seduced by its blue beauty. Unfortunately, I am not quite comfortable with the scale and as my arms aren't going to grow any more it may be time to pass this lovely bass onto someone who can caress her comfortably ;o)

It's a 2005 model built by Pete Skjold for a major company at a guitar show in the US. It's an ash body with a flame maple top and a beautiful blue tint. The neck is a bolt-on, 24 fret, maple with purpleheart stringers and a rosewood fingerboard, 38mm at top nut. The pick-ups are a Skjold design and, combined with the top of the range pre amp, provide a very wide range of tones. The slimline neck is simply gorgeous to play, the notes simply ring with great sustain. The bass has been really well looked after at was up for sale at the Bass Gallery for £1400. The only sign of wear is on the neck pick-up under the 'E' string, where a visible mark on the pup can be seen at close range. Other than that there isn't a mark of any note, no dings, dents or scratches. The fingerboard has a beautiful grain and shows no sign of wear at all.

When I acquired the bass I had it professionally set-up, cleaned, electronics checked, and new strings. Given the initial cost of the bass, shipping and set-up, I'm asking [b]£895 [/b], which I think is a bargain! It comes with a decent gig bag (no hard case). I might be persuaded to consider a trade - you never know!

Edited by Scooby

Price reduced to £945. This is an awful lot of bass for the money. It plays like a dream with one on the slimmest necks I've ever come across (38mm). I really would love this to go to a good home as it deserves to be out there - seen and heard by all ;o))

Don't forget, I might consider a trade but also may consider a very near offer.

The bass weighs approximately 8.3lbs. I haven't any scales but comparing it to my Sei, which is 8.5lbs, I'd say the Skjold is slightly lighter. The balance is superb, smooth, slim neck and a delight to play!

[quote name='Scooby' post='1281161' date='Jun 24 2011, 04:04 PM']I acquired this bass recently purely because Pete Skjold makes fantastic basses and this is one of his finest. However, although I knew it was a 35" scale, I was seduced by its blue beauty. Unfortunately, I am not quite comfortable with the scale and as my arms aren't going to grow any more it may be time to pass this lovely bass onto someone who can caress her comfortably ;o)

It's a 2005 model built by Pete Skjold for a major company at a guitar show in the US. It's an ash body with a flame maple top and a beautiful blue tint. The neck is a bolt-on, 24 fret, maple with purpleheart stringers and a rosewood fingerboard, 38mm at top nut. The pick-ups are a Skjold design and, combined with the top of the range pre amp, provide a very wide range of tones. The slimline neck is simply gorgeous to play, the notes simply ring with great sustain. The bass has been really well looked after at was up for sale at the Bass Gallery for £1400. The only sign of wear is on the neck pick-up under the 'E' string, where a visible mark on the pup can be seen at close range. Other than that there isn't a mark of any note, no dings, dents or scratches. The fingerboard has a beautiful grain and shows no sign of wear at all.

When I acquired the bass I had it professionally set-up, cleaned, electronics checked, and new strings. Given the initial cost of the bass, shipping and set-up, I'm asking [b]£945 [/b], which I think is a bargain! It comes with a decent gig bag (no hard case). I might be persuaded to consider a trade - you never know![/quote]

Hi Scooby,
I just noticed you've got this listed as a *Offset '92* but I think you'll find it's the Standard '92, same as mine :)
Great basses, best of luck with the sale, apologies for being pedantic :)
Cheerz, John

[url="http://www.skjolddesign.com/index.php/21"]Skjold Design[/url]

Edited by KiOgon