Why become a member? ×

what is the color of this bass

johnsilva

hi there i don't know if this topic is in the correct place.

i fond this pic in the internet of joe principe of the rise against and i wanna know if someone know's what is the color is base

[url="http://jussijames-riseagainstseattlewa.buzznet.com/user/photos/rise-against-joe-principe/?id=65125921"]http://jussijames-riseagainstseattlewa.buz...pe/?id=65125921[/url] (here is the link for you guys too see the bass)

best regards

Edited by johnsilva

I never quite understood the whole getting rid of the tone knob thing. If anything I'd want rid of the volume! Even on my jazz I'd rather have the tone and no volume pots than just volume pots. But on a P especially, I'd never use the volume, I've always had it on full on any single p'up bass I've had, but the tone get's a lot of use!

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1281115' date='Jun 24 2011, 03:19 PM']I can honestly say I've never used the tone on any passive instrument and I've only used the volume to mute it when I'm not playing or on rare occasions to adjust the volume if I'm feeling lazy while practicing and don't want to go to my amp.[/quote]
Tone controls can be very useful, try playing reggae without turning off the treble. You can get subtle tone differences too. I see the volume as a tone control on a passive bass, and even more so on a guitar.

I only use actives now anyway, passives seem so limited after using a good active bass.

I haven't used a properly passive bass in a long time, but I found that turning down the tone sapped all the life out of it, same as guitar. EQing from the amp or external EQ kept more of the punch and feel in it whilst still doing the intended job.

Maybe it was just the gear I used to use, but I always found that at least.

Maybe it depends on whether you play with fingers or a plectrum. With the latter (as is the case with me 80% of the time), the tone control is useful for taking of a certain amount of edge from the overall tone. The reason I like P/J or Jazz basses is because you can also use the bridge pup to work with this. It gives you some nice options about how much contrast is in the tone in terms of sharpness.