Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Extended Project about Bass

JordanRLS

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1276312' date='Jun 20 2011, 08:16 PM']larry grahams slap book,[/quote]
What Larry Graham slap book? As far as I'm aware,there isn't one.

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1276456' date='Jun 20 2011, 10:14 PM']harmonics (Jaco Pastorius)[/quote]

Harmonics weren't a new concept-players like Art Davis were doing them on Upright in Jazz years before
Jaco did his thing on electric,and there were probably players doing them way before him.

I am also an EPQ supervisor and ET is spot on. To get good marks the report has to be critical and analytical rather than simply descriptive. That's the hard bit! But at the end of the day this is meant to be a challenging piece of work rather than just a student waffling on about something that interests them.

I totally agree about using this site as a source of information though. Just be careful how you refer to it in your bibliography. As it is not peer-reviewed it can only really be regarded as "pers. comm." (Personal communication).

Good luck though on a very cool research area!

[quote name='Doddy' post='1277047' date='Jun 21 2011, 12:45 PM']What Larry Graham slap book? As far as I'm aware,there isn't one.[/quote]

I swear i remember seeing a picture of larry graham wearing all white on the cover of a book with an orange background. If its got his stuff in which i thought it did there would surely be some slap and pop charts in there

[quote]Harmonics weren't a new concept-players like Art Davis were doing them on Upright in Jazz years before
Jaco did his thing on electric,and there were probably players doing them way before him.[/quote]

yes and violinists and cellists were im sure playing harmonics before them...

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1277111' date='Jun 21 2011, 02:48 PM']I swear i remember seeing a picture of larry graham wearing all white on the cover of a book with an orange background. If its got his stuff in which i thought it did there would surely be some slap and pop charts in there[/quote]

You could be thinking of his DVD 'Funk Bass Attack'?
There is a book with a bit of Larry Graham in-'Bass Master Class' by Glenn Letsch.It also lessons from Jaco,Rocco,Mike Chapman
and Ben Wolfe. It's a good book,but the Graham section doesn't have anything to really make it stand out amongst the other
books on slap.

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1277111' date='Jun 21 2011, 02:48 PM']yes and violinists and cellists were im sure playing harmonics before them...[/quote]

So,not new then :)