Why become a member? ×

Clearout lots of good stuffs

Hello all

Moving out soon so having a clearout of loads of my old junk!

First up is a a Boss BR8 digital recording studio! It has been modded so it has a 250mb zip disk drive and has 7 100mb zip disks. It comes with its original manual and psu and also included an external 100mb zip drive for your pc. This has served me and my band well having recorded our first demo on it, the zip disks are still useful as you are never going to fill it up anyway. No longer need it now as we all use our effects pedals or recording interfaces to record. These are well reviewed and still fetch decent money on ebay! £80 SOLD

Next up we have an old Hohner drum kit, have no idea when it comes to drums it could be good it could be bad, think its missing a stand for one of the toms and a hihat clutch but what you see is what you get, 2 toms, floor tom, bass drum, stands albeit a bit rusty, hihat cymbals, and bass pedal. This kit is old and has quite a bit of rust on it but wouldn't take too long to get it off, its a full size kit as well so perfect for a learning adult. £40

Finally we have my trusty semi hollow body guitar, I think its based off the Gibson ES339 the smaller body version of the ES335 not too sure so don't quote me on that, its in a beautiful tobacco sunburst and is a set neck, to be fair I don't know a lot about it, it has a funkified headstock and is labelled Pasadena. Other than that she is a true beauty. £80

Update #1 Now have a Boss PS-2 Japan Blue Label up for sale, this is has a higher regard than the newer Chinese/Taiwan Boss Pedals. These are great pedals but have now switched to multi-fx as it is much simpler! Doesn't come with its original box or manual but will be packaged securely. How does £75 sound?

Pickup from Birmingham is preferred or if needed to be posted ask me for a quote and preffered postage method.

Regards

Jason

P.S I am also selling a lovely Jay Turser Tele Bass in the Basses for sale thread

Edited by jacethebass

Update #1 Now have a Boss PS-2 Japan Blue Label up for sale, this is has a higher regard than the newer Chinese/Taiwan Boss Pedals. These are great pedals but have now switched to multi-fx as it is much simpler! Doesn't come with its original box or manual but will be packaged securely. How does £75 sound?

I'm going to be realllly nerdy here.

<nerdiness>
I'm convinced that the guitar is a copy of the Ibanez AM-100. I have an AM-100 which I bought second-hand in about 1983. They are not identical, but there's more similarity between these two than with an ES-339. For a start, the back finish is nearly identical, and the headstock shape is very close.

There are a few very small differences. The bridge and tailpiece are bog-standard gibson-type copies. The output socket is on the front on the Ibanez, and the headstock is not bound.

It might be interesting to take a photo of inside the guitar and see if there are any dates or indications of provenance. The pickups might also give some indication; the Ibanez pickup would have been the Super-58, which was their (very good) version of the Gibson PAF. The AM-100 was around I'd say about 1982-1984 so this guitar must be from that era.

Is it possible that, for instance, some Ibanez instruments didn't pass quality control and were rebadged for the local market? Or some other interesting scenario?

</nerdiness>

- martin