Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** WEM Power Musette MKll

Up for grabs is my '70s, Watkins (WEM) valve combo.

It's a Power Musette MKll - only 15watts but surprisingly loud, all valve, with a 12 inch (12 Ohm) Goodmans speaker.
I'm not sure if the speaker is original - it's the one that was there when I bought it.

It's identical to the Dominator MKlll, except it has a twin cone speaker which was supposed to make it more suitable when used for organ/accordion. Whatever, it's been sat under my stairs unused for the last 5-6 years, but I plugged my Strat in yesterday to make sure it all still works, and it sounds fantastic. Has a gorgeous warm yet bright tone at lower volumes, which progresses through to a classic overdriven bluesy sound as it's cranked up.

Has 2 separate input channels, with volume, bass and treble controls, with an additional treble boost switch on channel 1.

Some scuffs in the covering, mainly at the corners, but otherwise it's in pretty good nick considering its age.

The bad ? It has the knob missing from one of the tone controls (see picture. Still works - just the knob missing) and a couple of the pots are a bit noisy and crackly.

Looking for £120, collected from Cambridge.

[attachment=83073:IMAG0088.jpg] [attachment=83074:IMAG0091.jpg] [attachment=83075:IMAG0094.jpg]
[attachment=83076:IMAG0095.jpg] [attachment=83077:IMAG0096.jpg]

Edited by barkin

That is a [b][i]seriously [/i][/b]good price for what is basically a vintage WEM Dominator.

[url="http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/britamps/watkins/musette.html"]http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/britamps/watkins/musette.html[/url]

Used as a guitar amp, this Power Musette is about as good as it gets, and at useable volumes too. :)

'tis indeed a great amp. I'm only shifting it because I don't use it, and I need the space.

Still here - collection only.

Could be interested in a trade for a Jazz bass of some description...Squier, SX etc.

• 2 weeks later...