Why become a member? ×

Leo Quan Badass II Bridge

Nostromo

Hi,

Does anyone know the story regarding availability of Leo Quan Badass II Bridge's ?

I've been trying to buy one on line but everyone appears to be sold out ? . . . and most of the big online suppliers in the UK and the US have them listed as "Currently Unavailable" with no known date when they will be back in stock ?

Are they obsolescent/discontinued or just temporarily out of stock ?

Not much help on the Loe Quan company website - which says . . . . "After a delay in the supply of Leo Quan® - Badass™ products to the marketplace, it is with great pleasure that we share with our website visitors, fans and friends that we have completed and shipped a VERY large order to our US Distributor, ALLPARTS" . . . and that was back in July 2009 . . . .doesn't look like the sites been updated since ? . . . . . goes without saying that Allparts dont have any in stock !

Cheers,

:) :) :lol:

Edited by Nostromo

Try one of these mate,
[url="http://www.basscentre.com/bridges-knobs-straplocks/babicz-full-contact-hardware-bridge.html"]http://www.basscentre.com/bridges-knobs-st...are-bridge.html[/url]
I fitted on to my Vintage Modified Jazz....the improvement to the tone is amazing
And I fitted it in under 1hour.
And they are cheaper than a Badass-I got one because of the lack of availability of the Leo Quan Badass II
Trev.

[quote name='Nostromo' post='1265518' date='Jun 11 2011, 11:23 PM']Hi,

Does anyone know the story regarding availability of Leo Quan Badass II Bridge's ?

I've been trying to buy one on line but everyone appears to be sold out ? . . . and most of the big online suppliers in the UK and the US have them listed as "Currently Unavailable" with no known date when they will be back in stock ?

Are they obsolescent/discontinued or just temporarily out of stock ?

Not much help on the Loe Quan company website - which says . . . . "After a delay in the supply of Leo Quan® - Badass™ products to the marketplace, it is with great pleasure that we share with our website visitors, fans and friends that we have completed and shipped a VERY large order to our US Distributor, ALLPARTS" . . . and that was back in July 2009 . . . .doesn't look like the sites been updated since ? . . . . . goes without saying that Allparts dont have any in stock !

Cheers,

:) :) :lol:[/quote]
hi there check out the hipshot fender replacement bridges more expensive than the baddass but imo twice as good.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1265677' date='Jun 12 2011, 01:51 AM']16 hours left on this one, move fast

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leo-Quan-Badass-Bass-II-Bridge-Chrome-/290573825852?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item43a78cb73c"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leo-Quan-Badass-Bass...=item43a78cb73c[/url][/quote]

Blimmey ! ! ! . . . . . these Badass II's are going for a bomb at auction on ebaY . . . . . I bid on the one you suggested . . . but didnt get it, It went for nearly £60 . . . ! !

So, I looked back at some other auctions over the weekend . . . a couple of others had been sold . . . . one, a new old stock Badass II still in its presentation vacuum pack went for over a £100 and another second hand one in good condition made £90 . . . . . ? ?

So, I know they say the market speaks . . . . . but . . . . . are they really worth that much second hand ? . . . . does anyone know what they cost new before they became unavailable ? . . .

I guess I'm gonna have to bid higher or get an alternative like the Babicz ? . . . . .

What would you pay for a Badass II ? ? ? ?

:lol: :) :)

Edited by Nostromo

[quote name='CrazyDavey' post='1273391' date='Jun 18 2011, 01:38 AM']I would just go for the Babicz, however I ordered one off the bass centre about a month ago and I'm still waiting on it! I phoned the guy up to ask about it and he was just extremely rude over the phone.. wouldn't recommend them.[/quote]

Thanks for that advice . . . . noted !

:)

I got A Babicz from the Bass centre,
Ordered late thursday night and got it on the following monday-service was great,
all I can suggest is that they have run out,probably because no-one can get a Badass 11, no excuse for the rudeness over the phone tho'
T.

[quote name='Nostromo' post='1270695' date='Jun 15 2011, 09:14 PM']So, I know they say the market speaks . . . . . but . . . . . are they really worth that much second hand ? . . . . does anyone know what they cost new before they became unavailable ? . . .[/quote]
I think I paid around £70-ish for mine about three years ago, which was a brand-new black pre-grooved one. However, I did order it from the US.

I really love it but I wouldn't say it was magic -- in fact if I could do it again, I'd get something similar but with a quick-load design (makes string changes easier).