Why become a member? ×

1960 lefty Precision

Yikes.

The listing makes it out to be real rocking-horse-sh*t stuff, while there's actually [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1960-Fender-P-Bass-Precision-Lefty-Left-Handed-Vintage-/160598555392"]another 1960 lefty Precision on eBay[/url] right now. Rare coincidence, or do these things crop up all the time? I know nothing of vintage Fender lefties.

I just wonder if the relic-ing market takes into account 1960s nail varnish colours (obviously used as touch up) ?!!!

You could have a brilliant argument with the Fender Custom Shop...'...but I asked for Cutex No.734 !!'

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1265043' date='Jun 11 2011, 04:08 PM']Yikes.

The listing makes it out to be real rocking-horse-sh*t stuff, while there's actually [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1960-Fender-P-Bass-Precision-Lefty-Left-Handed-Vintage-/160598555392"]another 1960 lefty Precision on eBay[/url] right now. Rare coincidence, or do these things crop up all the time? I know nothing of vintage Fender lefties.[/quote]

the sunburst '60 P-Bass is super rare, and you probably wont see another like that, in that condition, for another 10 years. Yes, its pricey, but then rarity dicates value on collectible instruments. If you're a lefty, then vintage (Pre-CBS) gear seldom turns up at all, let alone in such fine order. The gold one is also extremely rare, but has clearly had a bit of work done, and the price reflects that.

Regarding coincidence, i would say yes. I havent seen 2 slabboard, lefty, P-Basses for sale at the same time....ever.

The sunburst is as the listing makes out, top order collectible. Unfortunately their are probably few left handed vintage players/collectors with this much change in their pocket. Is it rare?.......yes, incredibly.