Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bass Revelation

nottswarwick

So,

My new (to me) mint second hand Squier Vintage Modified P bass and my new (to me) Ashdown ABm rig

Just had a loud riffing session at home....it sounds like BASS....suddenly my Stingray is second best....this rig rocks...and it cost me sod all in the grand scheme of things. I forgot that the bass cost me £114 on ebay, and the rig around £600 (with all trades accounted for)...and found myself just playing and smiling.

Anyone else had a similar epiphany, where the equipment just "got out of the way" and you simply made music?

Thought I would share.

Cheers

Chris

[attachment=82197:IMG_0407.jpg]

Glad you bagged yourself a bargain and are enjoying it!

For the record, I had exactly the same feeling when I moved over to playing Precisions - was like coming home, even though I'd never owned one before. No more worrying about flat batteries, or worrying that any one of the 6 stacked pots on the EQ might have moved in transit and lost that great tone you had, or worrying that the stock pickups would be naff and need replacing before it even became a serious instrument, or worrying that a particular bass might not look or sound suitable for a particular gig etc. etc. Just turn up, plug in, tune up and rock out.

Did I mention I love Precisions...?

Was exactly the same for me, when I got my first Precision. I`d previously tried all kinds of brands/models, but the sound they gave never matched that which was in my head. And seeing as all my fave bassists play Precisions, that shouldn`t have either been a surprise, or taken me so long to work out - dur!

Anyway, having established that Precisions are for me,when I got my first US Precision, well I knew that this was [b]the[/b] right bass for me. Nothing fancy about the humble Precision, but they just have a sound that, to me, is so right within the mix.

Plug in and play, life don`t need to be over-complicated (sounds like a quote from Seasick Steve :) ).