Why become a member? ×

15" Speaker

Monckyman

[quote name='Phil Starr' post='1266496' date='Jun 12 2011, 07:37 PM']Thanks Lawrence. I'm tempted to say 'leave him, he's not worth it'.

:) :D :lol:

For anyone following this I'd say that mixing speakers is a bit like blending drinks. If you mix Cabernet and Merlot then you will lose some of the character of each. You get some mid range smoothing, but some people like Cabernet/Merlot.

Cheers[/quote]

I believe that for purists, some of the liberties us hobbyists take with acoustics and physics must be a little wearing, BUT it`s fun.
Just like drinking Merlot AND Cabernet.

I mix my cabs, but it`s just a [i]phase[/i] I`m going through..

:)

The Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon differ in their sizes and are outstanding on their own but make an even better wine when combined. The Cabernet Sauvignon is smaller but it gives body to the mixture while the Merlot, on the other hand, lightens the Cabernet. The Cabernet Merlot blend has a very rich scent that has the touches of black currant, dark berry with a little kick of mint, eucalyptus, chocolate and subtle oak. This wine mixture is best produced in a cool climate and its taste depicts the strength and richness of the Cabernet that is blended and is softened by the Merlot wine that makes it all the more elegant.

The lightness of Merlot wine blends well with the strength and body of Cabernets that bring about quite a rich and complex wine mixture. The combination of their differences in terms of quality, taste and other characteristics seem to make the Cabernet Merlot wine such an interesting wine to try and check out. This wine pairs well with many types of cuisines among of which are red meat, pork, poultry, and pasta with a rich and thick sauce.

:)