Why become a member? ×

Bass EQ

ossie

Hi Guys & Gals,
Wondered if anyone had any suggestions about pedalboard based eq. Have been looking at MXR & Carl Martin. Sometimes when gigging, I have to stand a way away from my amp, which is a phil Jones Suitcase with a 4B extension (great amp by the way) and I need to adjust the tone or volume. I was thinking of using an MXR Bass DI or a Cart Martin 3 Band Parametric Pre-Amp, the tone control on my Jazz Bass (which I love) is pants and, if I try and adjust the volume it affects my tone, I have a small pedal board with a Korg Pitchblack Plus, an EBS Unichorus, an EBS Multicomp and an MXR AutoQ all powered by a T-Rex Fueltank, It is all silent. I can get any tone I want from the Amp, I just want to tweak it from out front. Would buy an EBS Micro Bass ar an Aguilar Tone Hammer tomorrow if I had the money but I haven't, will probably be trawling e-bay for my solution. Would really appreciate any suggestions/comments etc.

[quote name='ossie' post='1262091' date='Jun 8 2011, 11:26 PM']Did think about it, not sure about the sliders on a pedal board, was swaying toward pots, maybe I need to re-think, are they noisy?[/quote]

i had one years ago - i don't remember it being noisy.